overall
RATINGS: 1184   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
This beer is intended to be a sensory assault for hop lovers. At 8.0% ABV, four hop additions during the brew process, and a final wallop of excessive Columbus dry-hopping, this beer is meant to say one thing: MORE HOPS! Perfect for these cool winter nights, The Deviant is a returning favorite from the little brewery in Lyons, Colorado that started the Canned Revolution!

burakak (7) - indian trail, USA - APR 27, 2012 does not count
hops, hops and hops and did i mention more hops. very hoppy, full body great enjoyable beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

SPDickerman (1315) - Texas, USA - MAY 13, 2012
Pours clear amber with a large yellowish head. Smells of citrus and pine. Taste is very bitter, hoppy; lots of pine and grapefruit. Medium-bodied with a wet texture and mild mouth-carbonation, Oskar Blues Deviant Dale’s India Pale Ale finishes with a lingering bitterness.

cashX3r0 (19) - - APR 5, 2013
This is my favorite go-to. The balance is in favor of the malt, surprisingly, and so I am surprised this isn’t imperial. This is perfect. Like a dessert beer. Huge nose on this! Mouthfeel is big. Taste is malty, with just the right hop characteristics to really make this stand out. I wish this came in bottles instead of 16oz cans. I would prefer a six pack of 12oz’ers. But if that is my only gripe, then that’s fine. Go get some. And share amongst your friends.

durhamlou (13) - - MAY 20, 2013
Thjis is THEEEE perfect beer for me. This is the first IPA that has a grapefruit taste on my palate. Wonderful citrus taste and malt.

MHOSKINS (389) - Cleveland, Tennessee, USA - JUL 9, 2013
One of my favorite IPA's. Bitter, balanced with a fruity aroma. Just a great finishing IPA. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AndrewsCheese (10) - Santa Monica, California, USA - JUL 26, 2013
Ridiculous. SImply awesome. This is what happens to hops when they die and go to heaven. A great example of how you can balance bitter hop power with malt and alcohol. I even love the slight pinkish tint and don’t feel that my masculinity is threatened at all.

Ctplt777 (533) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUL 11, 2014
Another 5 for me. This one is awesome. Super hoppy aroma right after popping the can. The color is a beautiful dark mahogany. The taste is even better. Massive tropical fruit, and pine. Bitter sweetness that works perfectly. This beer is incredible just try it. I can’t review it good enough to do it justice.

seuinoz (276) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - MAR 26, 2016
UPDATED: MAR 26, 2016 Very hoppy double Ipa. Amber in color, nice white to off white head. Aroma is citrus with pine notes to it. Taste has a little alcohol warmth to it not over powering. Sits good on the palate. A very well balanced double Ipa.

spotswood (2) - Soldiers point, AUSTRALIA - JUN 11, 2017 does not count
Looks fantastic.Lovely creamy head. Darkish for a dipa. Great copper colour. Wow. Beautiful full flavoured dipa from the first sip. Intense malt and hop flavour.The malt and hops are beautifully balanced. Bags of flavour. Lightly carbonated lovely mouthfeel not thin not viscous just perfect. I love this. Fantastic dipa. I cant really fault it. For a dipa the malt is the predominant flavour but its still hoppy. A great beer