overall
RATINGS: 1866   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 261   ABV: 8.7%
Our ’Velvet M-80’ is a hefty, dry hopped double-red ipa with a nose full of aroma, a sticky mouthfeel, a malty middle and unctuous hop flavors. G’Knight sports a surprisingly sensuous finish for a beer of its size (8.7% ABV, 60 IBUs). It’s brewed in tribute to a fellow Colorado craft beer pioneer and Vietnam vet who died fighting a 2002 wild fire outside of our Lyons hometown. For all the details behind this tribute follow this link to www.N3978Y.com. G’Mornin’. G’Day. G’Knight.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - JUN 2, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 19, 2007 Corked bottle, 2004 Vintage. Pours a dark, hazey brown color with full creamy froth that slowly subsides to shallow puddle of heavy cream. Aroma is malty w/ citrus and slightly salted biscuits. Full nectar w/ soft residual effers. Flavors of lime rind are upfront w/ caramel and biscuits intertwined w/ roasted cocoa. Freakin awsome. The finish is long w/ malted herbs, citrus, leather, and a dose of asprin. Overall: This IIPA is complex with the big hops showing the full sip from start to finish. No grapefruit citrus at all, pure lime rind. It’s well ballanced and the alcohol is dangerously well hidden. I highly recommended this for the connoisseur. **REVISION 12-1-06** I had this brew a few nights ago and it has totally changed. The chocolate malts are really pushing forward and has become more creamy. The lime rind has turned to mellow citrus. Even the froth has turned from a shallow puddle to a tall Belgian style island that sticks like a dense, Detroit snow fall. I found out this brew is two years old now. The last time I had it was six months ago. Big changes have taken place in a short amount of time. Get this while you can. This stuff is amazing.

[email protected] (4) - Kennesaw, Georgia, USA - SEP 25, 2008 does not count
Now let me say this rating is for the Gordon that was brewed before the recipe change circa 2006.The can had a sticker on it.Just drank my last can recently and man was it good!Mmmoth hops and silky malts make this my numero uno beer!The new version is in my top ten but not up to the standards of the original.We sell so much in Georgia I can see how the quantity vs availability hurt the quality ever so slightly.We forgive and thank you Oskar Blues!

makrisbeer (2) - Avondale, USA - JUL 6, 2010 does not count
Gordon was my first introduction to Oskar blues. beer in a can i thought cant be good. But the local beer master in flagstaff az insisted. I was in heaven just enough hops the right amount of alcohol. perfect.

drk (3) - - MAY 8, 2013 does not count
Perfect imperial red. Never tasted anything quite like this before or since. Smooth, hints of mellow spice on the palate, and caramel finish.

IPAjunkee (1) - - AUG 27, 2013 does not count
This is one of my personal favorites in the IPA category. Great red color, full bodied, but exceptionally smooth for an imperial IPA with an alcohol content of 8.7%. Great finish that doesn’t have a bitter aftertaste. Love it.

MHOSKINS (83) - Cleveland, Tennessee, USA - DEC 19, 2013
One of my favorite American Strong Ales. G'Knight does not disappoint. Smooth, strong hoppy, malty flavor. High ABV but smooth. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AtronSeige (1695) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - MAR 3, 2016
Aroma: Medium citrus, orange, Medium malt, sweetness, toffee, toast. Appearance: Brilliant copper body. Large, off-white head. Good retention. Lacing Flavour: Medium-high bitterness. Medium high hops, citrus, citrus peel Medium malt sweetness, balancing, toasty, marshmallows. Dry finish with lingering citrus, tropical fruit, bitterness. Mouthfeel: Medium-full body. Medium carbonation. Smooth. Light alcohol. Overall: Amazing! Perfect. 473 ml can, poured. Thanks Andre! (Imperial) 21B. Red IPA.

beergod (103) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 30, 2008
Aren’t you glad this isn’t a seasonal anymore? I am. Poured into a pint glass from a can and already you get a nice smell of hops, dry hopped for sure. Beautiful amber color. Nice hop flavor but not over the top. Light malt and a nice long dry finish. This is the best tasting canned beer i’ve ever had!!

Joel (114) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 4, 2015
This unique double IPA has an amber hue and white head. Monster aromas of sticky / piney / resiny hops are unforgettable. Seriously overhopped, but the caramel maltiness is what makes this more than just another IPA. One of my absolute favorite IPAs!