overall

RATINGS: 1218   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Each year GUBNA takes on a personality of its own. We seek out the most exciting and best available hops from each individual season to create a potent and complex Imperial IPA. GUBNA is packed with Rye and North American Pale Malt and accented with Munich Malt to give a spicy and flavorful backbone to support loads of kettle hops driving the IBUs to triple digits.
** This beer will now feature different hops in the massive dry hop every year.
2015 - Features whole leaf Galena hops, plus Sorachi Ace and Columbus hops. Dry hopped with copious amounts of El Dorado, Comet and Chinook.

jseifer (62) - Orlando, Florida, USA - APR 30, 2010
Extremely hoppy! It’s very similar to hopslam, pliny the elder, and a little sumpin extra. Great hoppy flavor, citrus and a floral scent. Lots of flavor. Great beer!

Aevesely33 (1) - USA - JAN 6, 2011 does not count
This is one of the best beers I have ever had. Amazing flavor with a classic Oskar Blues twang. . .

watsonmd (12) - Georgia, USA - FEB 29, 2012
Awesome ipa. Twelve ounce can poured into tulip glass. Very nice palate, lingering hop. Excellent imperial IPA.

Maltajo (329) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - MAY 31, 2010
12 oz can. Wow! I thought I would never say this but..... This stuff is just as good as Captain Lawrence Double IPA! Sorry Scott. Bold refreshing fuity strong hopps delicious! Since I can’t get my Captain Lawrence here in Tucson (yet) I will be drinking Gubna... Unless I run out of money. The only negative is that it costs you $$$$. But what the hey? Live my bruthas live!

pkbites (964) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 3, 2010
Average looking pour (piss yellow with white head that dies quickly) cloaks it’s excellence! Strong hop and grapefruit aroma. Little malt but huge hops with citrus (mostly grapefruit) overtones. The strong alcohol content is not detected at all. No burn whatsoever. Pure enjoyment of the hops and grapefruit flavors. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: OSKAR BLUES CAN DO NO WRONG!!!!!!!�

SanfordBrewer (1591) - Sanford, Florida, USA - APR 24, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2010 On tap at redlight redlight, filtered thruogh citra hops.

holy hoppiness, this is incredible! I don’t know how much the randal is changing the original hop character, but this is like stuffing your mouth full of hops and then drinking a sweet ipa. It’s got a sweet pale malt foundation, but is as full of fresh hops as it can get. Malt sweetness and hop bitterness are balanced, but hop aroma and flavor is off the charts.

tia (2228) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - SEP 21, 2011
Yum! A new favorite! Can. Dark golden. I get pine, resin, grapefruit, and skunkiness on the nose. I saw another comment that said they got a bad batch because it was oniony, which may be the case with this one because its chivey, but I like it that way. Also just a little sweet plus a lot of bitter with a long hop finish. More please!

56lespaul (31) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - SEP 27, 2012
Big ABV (10%) - caramel hop bomb. Best beer I have had in a long time. Super smooth palate. Takes a while to sip and svor. Incredible beer. Changed my opinion about beer in a can forever.

Ctplt777 (530) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - AUG 13, 2014
Exceptional IPA. Like crazy delicious. The aroma is just massive pineapple and soft tropical fruits. A little sweetness from the malts. Taste is just insanely good. Tons of pineapple right at the front of the tongue followed by more soft fruit and massive hop bitterness. A little sweetness from the malt but a tropical forward imperial IPA. Super fresh. I’ve had it out of the can and in the can and personally I think it’s better in the can. It keeps all the hop oils and really makes it just punch you in the face. So good.

sunnyridge (222) - USA - APR 6, 2010
Man, Oskar Blues just does not make anything less than great beer. The nose on this had a lot of hoppy citrus, mainly grapfruit and even pineapple. Delicious taste and the malt really balances out the high ABV and any hop bitterness. In fact my only complaint might be that it could use just a touch more bitterness- but thats being very knit-picky. Gubna takes its rightful place as one of the great dbl IPAs!!!