overall
RATINGS: 1282   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our first lager produced with the 20 bbl brewhouse. This pilsner is a clear golden color. Four additions of Saaz hops lend a spicy-floral hop component.

lucklys' rating

lucklys (62) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - FEB 13, 2011
Czech Pilsner and my least favorite of the brews I tried. I’m not sure if it’s because it was the last one I tasted or if I am becoming too much of a hophead, but this beer just didn’t do anything for me. It was a nice, bright cloudy golden yellow with lots of visible carbonation and carried a great thick, creamy head with good retention, but after that it just went downhill like the Troublette. Under my nose, it came across medicinally sweet but with a faint and bitter powdered sugar corn/banana bread malt tint. Oh yeah, there was some yeast in there, too. Weird, I know. The mouthfeel was definitely on the thicker side, with a lighter flavor - basically all sweet cornbread malt - than the nose. I really wish I had more to end on, but that’s about as good as it’s going to get for tonight. I’m glad for the experience, as always, but this one would be my last choice at any bar.

hershiser2 (3061) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JUN 26, 2017
$1.99 can from Blue Ridge Bottle Shop. Pours golden with a white head. Aroma is sweet floral hops, grasses, hint of citrus. Flavor is bittersweet floral hops, minor citrus, minor grasses. This is not your traditional pils, and I appreciate that.

fidemaster (313) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - JUN 23, 2017
Aroma of lemon, grass, and hay. Color is like lemonade. Reminds me more of an IPA than a pilsner. Very hoppy, slightly sweet, with that tangy IPA finish. It was ok.

olenickj (114) - Michigan, USA - JUN 12, 2017
Can. Aroma: wheat, a bit of spice, sweet. App: slightly cloudy gold, almost no head. Taste: surprisingly spicy, a bit of citrus. Palate: light and refreshing, medium finish. Overall: Decent but not fantastic.

hawanna (3291) - Freising, GERMANY - JUN 10, 2017
0,355 l can cereal, herbs, citrus, golden, clear, frothy, white foam, light sweetness, medium bitterness, medium body, oily feel, slick feel, average carbonation, nice Pilsner.

jamiemac87 (134) - Durham, ENGLAND - JUN 10, 2017
Pours clear golden with a good head that reduces quickly. Biscuit on the nose. Malt and grassy tones cut though by a buttery element. Decent for style.

radassace (299) - SCOTLAND - JUN 7, 2017
355ml can.pours light golden straw, with a small white head. Nose is bread, straw, lemon, and a hint of grapefruit. Smooth beer, flavours of bread, biscuit, some corn, and a lemon bitter finish. Pretty decent pils!

jamesie1857 (2112) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JUN 6, 2017
Can from Tesco - Clear yella body, firm white head. Nose has a delicate malt touch, with grassy, lightly piney hops, some hay and a hint of generic fruitiness. A bit sweet, with light biscuity malts in the back and a pleasant hoppy flavor of grass and floral pine notes.

Chadhami (126) - - MAY 28, 2017
Very good pilsner. Still tastes like beer, even though it is a pilsner. Always from a can with these guys.

niquillis (2679) - Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ENGLAND - MAY 21, 2017
Can from Tesco Extra, Longton. Pours pale gold with a bright white head. Nice light zingy pils. Refreshing.

tommann (3716) - Dudley, West Midlands, ENGLAND - MAY 21, 2017
355ml can. Pours bright gold with a medium head. Aroma is sweet lager malt and grassy hop. Taste has dry lagery malt. Stony finish.