overall
RATINGS: 385   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Every so often we brew this tasty treat that clocks in at 10% ABV. A silky smooth, motor-oil black pour reveals rich, roasty notes of caramel, chocolate and coffee.

Like the first stouts brewed for Russian Czars, this offering is big, bold and built to last. Grab a few for the cellar, a couple for your comrades and enjoy because— like those Czars of yesteryear— this beer may be gone soon.

Miver (615) - Silver Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2009
Bomber bottle picked up at State Line. Poured black with a medium sized tan head that left little lacing on the glass, however looked thick and sticky. Aroma of toasted chocolate, and roasted coffee, some berries, molasses and overall awesome. Tastes of roasted coffee, sweet berries, light milk chocolate, cream, and maybe some light oats. Finishes pretty dry and I was so surprised this was as good as it was. Very nice Imperial stout.

hopdog (13102) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2009
22oz bottle. Poured a dark black color with a larer sized brown head. Some lacing left on the glass. Aromas of roastiness, coffee, dark fruits, and lighter caramel. Tastes of roastiness, coffee, chocolate, dark fruits, and molasses. Light alcohol but not giving away the 10%. This one was a nice surprise!

sinkr (323) - Odenton, Maryland, USA - JUN 9, 2009
Bomber->snifter: Pours a large, brown head that exhibits spare lacing atop a black body. Aroma is a toasted concoction of some sorts. Full bodied, average carbonation, and bitter chocolate. Flavor’s duration is bitter and the texture is gritty. Lightly acidic and bitter, ending like sour milk. Pretty good in my opinion.

Nephilium (1821) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - DEC 16, 2009
Nice big roasted aroma, with hints of chocolate and coffee. Pours an opaque black, with a thick sticky tan head. This is truly a delicious beer. Nice slick mouthfeel, and a full roasted flavor with a nice long finish. Alcohol is not noticeable at all, which is amazing at an ABV over 10%. I will definitely be picking up more of this to cellar.

johnnnniee (4411) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 24, 2011
Pours a solid black with a huge fluffy tan head that laces the side of the glass all the way down. Aroma is of burnt brown sugar, coffee, a touch of alcohol. Taste is more brown and burnt sugar, some dark chocolate, dark roasted coffee a touch of alcohol and a lingering roast bitterness and alcohol in the finish. Lots of caramel and toffee appear as this one warms. Very complex, very tasty! Thick body, creamy syrupy mouthfeel, low but ample carbonation. Wow I’m impressed! This is one solid Imp Stout, I wish I had bought more than one bottle! Otter Creek welcome back to my craft brew scene.

drmachata (7) - Rhode Island, USA - JUL 27, 2011 does not count
I will permit others to describe this exquisite brew because I write to brag. When my local beer shop put this on sale for $3, I bought one. Otter Creek is pretty solid, right. Imperial Stout i my favorite style. Brought it to a party and split it with Shawn and Billy- two suds lovers. I was instructed to return to the store and buy them out. We split them 1/3 each. Nirvana.

Jesterdeal (1986) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2013
Aroma of cocoa, dark coffee, milk and slight fig. Pours black with very small brown head. Taste is delicious and roasty. Plenty of milk and cocoa followed by very roasty coffee. I love this! Would gladly have this again.

gnoff (10985) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - APR 17, 2014
Bottle at CBC Denver, April 10 2014.
Black color, brown head. Sweet, malty, roasted scent. Roasted, sweet, grainy taste. Roasted aftertaste. Medium mouthfeel, medium bitterness.

malrubius (3018) - Springfield, Vermont, USA - DEC 7, 2015
Bottle from Brewfest. Black with tan ring and lace. Bottle was filled within millimeters of the top--probably good for aging. Chcocolate coffee boozy woody hop aroma. Roasted coffee dark chocolate sweetness with nicely subdued fruit and roasted woody bitterness that cuts the sweetness beautifully. Full body and low carb with just enough to bite. I’ve been a little burnt on impies (and sours) but this is really great. The sweetness is kept in check perfectly for my tastebuds, and the bitterness and complexity are very enticing. Excellent.

NikkTwist (3341) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2014
Draft at Khyber Pass. Tulip glass. Thick black pour with a small tihht beige head. Tons of great dark roasted malt flavors. Chocolate nibs. Charcoal grill. Burnt caramels. Hints of coffee and dark fruit, but the emphasis is on chocolate and ash. High ABV is well hidden. Smooth finish. Tastes notably less sweet than most Imperial Stouts - and that?s fine by me. Body is creamy enough to fit as a proper Russian Imperial for me - and I?m a stickler to that requirement. Missing some of the more complex flavors that a great Imperial should have, but the notes presented are right on the money. Was not expecting something so good out of this. Pleasantly surprised.