Ozeki (Champion) One Cup Sake

Brewed by Ozeki Co. (Japan)
Style: Saké - Futsu-shu
Nishinomiya, HYOGO Prefecture, Japan
Serve in Guinomi, Masu, Ochoko

RATINGS: 49   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.44/5   EST. CALORIES: 480   ABV: 16%

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

rhoihessegold (2200) - Mainz, Rineland-Palatinate, GERMANY - JAN 13, 2018
12-01-18 // glass cup from Dae Yang in Düsseldorf. My first sake! This was okay to drink. A sweetish rice wine with some dry fruits aroma, mild citrus. Boozy.

futre7 (265) - Taipei, TAIWAN - NOV 5, 2017
Wellcome on Wuxing road Taipei. I don't know good from bad sake. I so know I prefer it cold. To me this is a very light sake. Light rice and citrus on the nose. The taste is slightly bitter in a sort of quinine way. I get rice and citrus too. Overall tho, not that bad.

labeerinthum (1317) - Milano, ITALY - MAY 27, 2017
Bevuto freddo (una delle temperature consigliate). Il liquido è chiaro come l’acqua. L’intensità olfattiva è normale e la persistenza olfattiva è sufficiente. Il gusto al naso si ritrova nella mela. La prima impressione di intensità in bocca è di sake robusto. Il corpo è rotondo e piuttosto secco. L’intensità gustativa è normale e la persistenza gustativa è sufficiente. Al palato la corposità è media e il retrogusto è di media intensità. Il gusto è piacevole. Le sensazioni boccali finali sono di pronta beva. Il finale è lungo e tende di più al secco. L’aroma in bocca riporta sentori di vaniglia, melone e albicocca.

jonas (8625) - Garching close to the monks, GERMANY - AUG 5, 2016
Boozy nose, cheap sherry, fermented cabbage. Clear, no legs. Somewhat phenolic, citrus plants, flowers, rough burn, light pepper. Quaffable.

SinH4 (7018) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - AUG 5, 2016
So, my first Sake. At Takumi Munich. White color. Aroma is some dried fruits, rice, a bit sweet. Taste is dried fruits and rice again, some ethanol. Flat. Not sure what to think of this. It’s quite harsh and alcoholic, I prefer any dry Sherry I’ve ever had over this (but that’s probably due to my dad’s Sherry selection), but it’s not terrible.

Oakes (19681) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 20, 2016
Opens up harsh, finishes sweet. Drink ice cold for best results bevause this is a bit rough.

Florya (2027) - Oslo, NORWAY - MAR 6, 2016
How: Can/jar Appearance: clear, look like water. Aroma: sweet rice, dried fruits. Palate: light body, no carbonation.

cgarvieuk (26717) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 17, 2015
One cup at home... Clear... Earthy rice. Soft fruits.. Juicy... Soft sweet fruits nose.. Big juicy pineapple.. Juicy fruits.. Light alcohol.. Quite smooth.. Juicy pineapple.. Surprisingly nice

Stuu666 (15755) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 17, 2015
Jar at craig’s. Pours clear water, nose is light fruit, taste is light pineapple, little harsh.

WheatKing (1351) - Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA - AUG 15, 2014
Drank from the container :D slightly cold. Thought it would be crap but ended up liking it... maybe I’m just a fan of sakes. The nose is everything I like about high-quality rice, rich and milky brightness, some honeydew melon, flavour is not hot, I like the almond descriptor so I’ll use that. Coconut too. Yeah simple but seems good quality to me.