RATINGS: 2526   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

BeerBlockaid (683) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - OCT 11, 2004
This beer reminds me of American Disco. No one will admit to liking it...but everyone drinks it (o_O)

clong83 (285) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 4, 2004
I don’t think this one is as bad as the other swill that you can get in this pricerange, so I have to give it props for that. But it’s still PBR, and it still is thin, watery, and lacking anything really interesting about it.

meNaw (1) - USA - OCT 4, 2004 does not count
Phenomenonally better in the bottle due to a susceptibility to metallic tastes. PBR liquid! No better start to the day. I’ve got class, my friend. Best beer for ANY money<period>

dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 3, 2004
Sharp beer with a ligth flavour and a dry aftertaste. This one is not as bad as it’s rating leads me to believe.

aweb (11) - USA - SEP 30, 2004
This is a yummy beer. It has a better complexion than most american lagers and goes down smooth. It has a pretty good flavor, but too many will give you a wicked hangover.

1.4
Daytona00 (160) - Quebec City, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 29, 2004
One of the cheapest beer on the market right now. Very light in flavor but followed with a strange dry aftertaste. Not a very good beer overall but the price is low.

Loddeer (171) - USA - SEP 28, 2004
Yeah, I tell friends I like PBR, the so-called "working man’s beer". I am so full of it, it is absolutely disgusting. But hey, when it’s a weeknight at college and you’re low on cash (which is every weeknight), it is one of the options. As far as beer enjoyment, how can anyone actually savor the taste of a PBR, honestly?

jewedekind (450) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 28, 2004
From a can. Had an almost spicy aroma after drinking several Old Latrobes. Even could taste a bit of hops...I’m not kidding. Not much after that...but I’m OK with PBR. It is not awful...at least on this night. I’ve had many that were. Maybe I got lucky...but not terrible at all.

Garbbled (24) - Oregon, USA - SEP 20, 2004
Bad flavor, watery metallic taste, sweet aftertaste. Nothing special, decent color. However,for the pure nostalgia of this beer for me and anyone else who had a point in their life where a good beer was not in the budget and thus opted for the PBR 40 oz., this beer deserves a higher rating. 18 for overall impression.

jmuhops (669) - Winchester, Virginia, USA - SEP 14, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2005 Straw color with a medium-sized head. Aroma reminiscent of urine and barns. Not much to speak of in the way of flavor--at least it doesn’t taste like pee. Thin mouthfeel. Ah, but I drink it.