RATINGS: 2298   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

Maximus55 (40) - California, USA - AUG 3, 2004
This here is some good ol stuff, taste, price, aroma its all good, so get out on your porch, and pop one open. Good ol days of boxing beer, PBR all the way!

drewdogg (62) - USA - JUL 31, 2004
The recently graduated frat boy in me won’t let me not rate this classic college beer. This is a very good cheap beer that is underrated in many circles due to lack of mass market branding. Next time one of your college buddies complains about you buying PBR have him do a blind taste test with his beloved Bud Light.

barenada (211) - Georgetown, Indiana, USA - JUL 26, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2005 (bottle) Not as good as I remember form the sips I took as a kid. Pretty bland, with just a touch of citrus.

interstate604 (5) - USA - JUL 25, 2004 does not count
The best of the cheap beers. I’d drink this over most fancy beers any day. It’s like an old friend. Completely smooth going down.

NobleSquirrel (3439) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 25, 2004
man, I’ll tell you what. As far as party beers go, and cheap beers go, PBR can’t really be beat. For the price, I’d say it tastes pretty darn good. Not great or anything. But it’s a good beer to chill at a party drinking. And you can shotgun some cans, too!

0.8
frylock (1144) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 25, 2004
Stale malty aroma with some corn. Pretty flavorless, the very slightest hint of some malts and maybe a hop or two can be detected. Shitty beer, but not the worst.

adamcore (7) - council bluffs, Iowa, USA - JUL 24, 2004 does not count
What can I even begin to say about the allmighty PBR?? All you need is it Cold and in a Can and youve got yourself a refreshing beer, Besides its cheap and gets you drunk.

0.9
dthmtldgn (32) - barrington, New Jersey, USA - JUL 23, 2004
cheap, cheap, cheap. they have this on tap for a buck. real popular in my pre-legal days. like everyone else said though, not the cheapest of the worst

1.3
BuckNaked (1230) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - JUL 17, 2004
Man this beer brings back memories. I don’t mind this cheap beer that much. There’s something no so horrible about it compared to other similar beers out there. And hey, it doesn’t get that blue ribbon for nothing!

shrubber85 (11618) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - JUL 17, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 30, 2013 This is a beer to drink to get back to the roots of Americana beer drinking. Your grandfather enjoyed it, you should too. Once was at a bar and bought two cans of PBR and the bartender told me $1.50 - I asked "Each?" and was told "No - that’s for both." Sour barley malt aroma. Light yellow color with moderate head. Surprisingly well blended barley malt and light hops flavor. Man, truthfully a nice tasting pale lager - definitely better than the big boys. Addendum: On a desperate night at my mothers, I was looking for a nice big bottle of beer to drink in her basement (re-living my youthful days). I had already went through all the 4 Lokos and Malt Likkers at the store, wasn’t in the mood for Mickeys, didn’t want to deal with a bunch of 7 ounce Little King bottles, and wanted something different from the typical BMC Tall Boys. Out of the darkness (or brightness, it was a very nice beer cooler), I see a 40 of PBR at the sequester busting price of $2.99. Oh well, might as well take a chance. Sneaking the 40 in my mom’s house under my coat in my tried-and-true method tested numerous times in the late 80s, I get it down to the basement. Twisting the cap off, I am rewarded by a mild barley malt flavor with no skunkiness or corn syrup aroma at all. Nice balanced barley malt flavor as well. Dammit, I hate to agree with the friggin’ hipsters but this isn’t bad at all. A solid pale lager still.