RATINGS: 2558   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Natureís choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as Americaís Best in 1893.

brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - MAY 20, 2004
This taste and looks washed out. Some faint malt, hop flavor. Even if it isnít much. Has a smoothness about it. My friend Crabby Mcfats used to drink this all the time!

cigarsnbeer (146) - Valley City, North Dakota, USA - MAY 20, 2004
Why is it when I drink this beer I feel like I just got off of work at the steel mill. And we are all going to the flashdance to see Jennifer Beals dance?? At any rate this isnít that bad of a beer..if you are really thristy and are broke(arenít we all???)

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 19, 2004
PBR has always seemed the most distinctive of the bottom shelf macros. I truly believe that I could pick it out in a blind taste test. This has always registered with me as being much sweeter than its peers. While I canít say that I like this style, I certainly donít lump it into my "most hated" category where bud/miller/coors so often reside. Besides, itís a great damned logo!

punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - MAY 19, 2004
Itís strange to get this in a bottle. Itís like eating cheese out of a tuna can. I dunno. That simile didnít make sense. Regardless, itís malted alcoholic water. Smells malty, tastes malty, the aftertaste reeks of alcohol. Not horrible. Not good. Better than Colt 45 and Old Milwaukee. They say it was the best in 1893...they apparently havenít changed since then either.

jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 16, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2014 A beer with even less flavor than most other pale lagers. I didnít think it was possible. Grainy aroma, looks like any other pale lager on the market. Extremely smooth with hints of hops in the finish.

darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - MAY 10, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 4, 2009 My brother the cheap ass drinks this stuff. I remembered it being real bad, but had one during a Red Wings game it wasnít that bad, ice cold and free atleast. I sure wouldnít pay much for it, but thereís definitely worse cheap beer out there.

beer4president (17) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Cheap, Cheap, Cheap. You do not drink this for great taste, you drink this because you have only $3.50 in your pocket and you want an entire pitcher. You drink this to get drunk.

1.3
fatguys (76) - Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, USA - APR 17, 2004
Golden yellow. Thin white head. No lacing. Smells like the cheap beer you remember your uncle drinking as a child. Palate is watery. Initial hint of hops, followed by bland malt and a tinny finish. Honestly, for cheap, macro-piss, this beats Bud or Miller. Cheap everywhere, and kind of a cool can, this is the lowest anyone should go. Does not taste bad, just doesn't taste like much.

0.9
Crockett (1117) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - APR 16, 2004
I've been waiting for ages to try this. When I Pabst in the LCBO misc. pile, my eyes lit up. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. 355ml can. Clear pale gold, tiny sudsy head. Sweet corny aroma. Sweet corny cruddy malt flavours. Sour with a trace of hop bitterness. Slightly preferable to not having any beer. Gag reflexes and cringing kicking in for the tinny finish. I've only got a couple tooth fillings. I know exactly where they are right now. Bleh!

Audio (18) - san diego, California, USA - APR 15, 2004
It's simple, cheap, and you can get it anywhere. Heck for the price of a 6 pack of most beers, you can get a 30 pack of PBR.