RATINGS: 2298   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

0.6
BennyTicklez (621) - USA - JUL 13, 2004
Pretty nasty stuff. You can get it for 50 cents a can at some bars. I’ll pass.

loomis (43) - Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2004
One of my favorite domestic beers. Sure it isn’t that good, but it is better than the other domestic beers.

REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2004
Oh wow this shit is bad..... down with this shizzle its horrible... no wonder they dont have a brewery of their own anymore

tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - JUL 5, 2004
4 bucks for a Pitcher? I’ll take it. Any other price, I wouldn’t. But when I did a pubcrawl here in New Brunswick, and McCormick’s pub had it at that price, it was unbeatable. Sentimentality forces a higher overall impression.

hershiser2 (3667) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JUL 2, 2004
So, I’m about to sample my first Pabst... Wait a minute, that smell is vaguely familiar, so is the taste... This isn’t my first one, but it is the first I’ve had since i was about 14. Taste is somewhat grassy and corny, as you’d expect out o an ultra-cheap beer- but it’s really not that bad. I could see myself sitting around and drinking this at a BBQ where I wasn’t in charge of the beer.

1.3
SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - JUL 1, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 13, 2005 PBR, what can I say? Its horrible compared to a real beer brewed with some love. But as at least one person already wrote, its the best of the ultra-cheap beers. Remarkably better out of a bottle than a can. Maybe because it’s just wrong to have a beer out of a can. Except if it’s Pabst.

xip (2) - USA - JUN 24, 2004 does not count
Sure, it’s funky. It tastes and smells like Budweiser that has been chilled, left out in the sun, and chilled again. Still, it’s my favorite of the ultra-cheap beers.

shadey (2166) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 23, 2004
After reading the forum post about this brew I realized I hadn’t rated it yet. I am going to agree with Oakes on this and say that the best part of PBR is reading the posts/rating it inspires. There are far too many grandpas that are kept alive by this stuff and far too many REAL men that drink it.... and yes F Heinekin. my only advice for this brew is drink it as cold as you can.

Saarlander (1920) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - JUN 19, 2004
Pabst ain’t that bad for what it is! A Cheap, workin’ man’s beer! I’d take one over a Mic ultra anyday! lol, It was good for grandpa, and I’ll drink it too on occasion, Especially if I’m low on cash!

0.6
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 19, 2004
Growing up in the seventies in Wisconsin I thought this was the only beer there was. Only until I was older did I discover how awful this stuff is. No color, head has big bubbles, makes me want to puke when I smell it. Nostalgia gives this an overall 2, but this clearly is a 0