RATINGS: 2559   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

1.3
PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - APR 5, 2004
Metallic in aroma, perhaps some 'carefully selected' corn in the mix. nasty.

egajdzis (6502) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2004
Poured draft "lighter than Miller Lite" in a frosty pint glass a piss gold color with no head. Very mild corn aroma with a taste of adjuncts, metal, and sweet corn water. This really was not that great, and made me want to puke.

DerBiermeister (586) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - APR 1, 2004
PBR. Gee...I was at a concert and had one of these - does that count? I had already had several other more quality beers priorly but I could still tell the palate on this one was quite bad and I realised why my friend had bought it for me after we had other beers: it's not really good. Gee...

Accaris (21) - Athens, Georgia, USA - MAR 30, 2004
Pabst is sickeningly drinkable. Its easy to quickly guzzle 3 or 4 cans before you realize that you're drinking one of the worst beers around. A classic for college keg parties, Pabst Blue Ribbon doesn't taste very good, doesn't go well with anything, is frighteningly cheap, and well, is an American standard. I like it for what it is.

0.8
BigBastard (668) - L.A., California, USA - MAR 29, 2004
A tall can for $.99, how could I resist? Well, it's better than Bud, that's the nicest thing I can say!

Sickboy282 (1114) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 29, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2005 This may be the most ghetto brew out there. When bars sell it for .50 cents a pint, you know something is wrong. But it is the best macro out there. BUY ME.....BUY ME NOW!!!!!!

1.3
Shagnasty (130) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 28, 2004
Crappy. Its certainly a step above Beast but not that much better. Could be one of the least offensive of the macro swill category.

gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - MAR 27, 2004
This should be the "king of (macro) beers". Sure, it's a typical corn/rice swill, but it has a decent flavor and....wait, do I detect a hint of barley malt?? Overall much more enjoyable swill than BMC.

Capnhaddock (6) - USA - MAR 25, 2004 does not count
Slightly sweet aroma and no substantial flavor, but for the price it's a great beer on hot summer days.

Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - MAR 24, 2004
Canned, at Dukes Sports Bar, Manhattan.
You know I’ve either been hanging out in New York too much or I’m taking the rating game to new levels, lower levels. I’ve justified this emotional scaring as a necessary history lesson, which will help me appreciate more fully the good beers I drink. This tastes just like Tooheys New. Chemical, bitter rubbish