RATINGS: 2305   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 7, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2005 Pabst, king of the swill! I believe Pabst has enough character to lift up and over all of the other tasteless American Standards. It really does not taste like beer; it sort of reminds me of sweetened sake that has been carbonated.

rabuc (143) - carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 7, 2004
another tasteless american beer. a cheep beer that alot of people start off their drinking careers with!

SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 7, 2004
Okay, I gave it a shot, and, believe it or not, this was tasted blind (no label, just in the glass) Golden clear-ish slightly carbonated thin to no white head. No lacing on glass. The nose was not present some (wheats) where present but it could have been residue from an earlier beer. The taste was bland and watery, slightly salty. Thin bodied

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JAN 6, 2004
After everything I have read about this beer I finally took the opportunity to try it. It's certainly not much to rave about but it is probably the easiest drinking inexpensive ($1.29 for 24oz) macro brew I've tasted.

dprior (118) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 5, 2004
It really doesn't offer much in any of the categories, but at the same time is an entirely drinkable domestic when you're on a light budget.

sdfink (30) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - JAN 4, 2004
A very weak tasting beer. Lacks flavor and substance. Very light. More like a flavored water. I'd rather drink water or go thirsty.

invalid (302) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2003
Hell yea, a Peebers. Quite refreshing, actually and dirt cheap. $.75 drafts during happy hour. What can I say... I'm in college lol.

garv (24) - dalton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 23, 2003
If your in the market for a canned American beer this should be it. I've been drinking this beer since I was old enough to hold my Dad's can with my own two hands, down in the workshop. I'll take credit for bringing the availability of PBR draught back to The Berkshires since Teo's stopped serving it 20 years ago. Now available at The Fort, Dalton, MA What'll Ya have?! Crips, clean refreshing and $3.99 buys a full commercial free 6'er!

1.3
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 23, 2003
Draught: come on, Big Buck Hunt, Red buys you a beer and your not happy? This smooth beverage will wash away the rough edges of a long week, easy your troubles after a skirmish with a hog, and wish any number of people a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Cheers, everyone. . . and may I never have to drink this before eating White Castle burgers at 4 am again. . .

mjgdawg (13) - Athens, Georgia, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Its pretty typical for a really cheap lager...nothing special to note. I have an aversion to this typical beer because in every college town its the cheapest at EVERY bar...all the girls at my college fear PBR breath, apparently it shows not only a complete lack of taste in beer, but is also related closely to irritating drunk colege frat losers.