overall
Style: Pale Lager
Jacareí (SP), Brazil

RATINGS: 525   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Bottle; Filtered.
Lager beer from Rio, Brazil, the carnival capital of the world. A typical, refreshing and smooth, Brazilian style lager.
Packaging: 350 ml long neck bottles.

HopTsing (575) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - NOV 3, 2012
From the bottle poured a pale gold brew with very little white head. Barely detectable aroma of malt and honey. Medium bodied with a nice mouth feel and flavors of buttery honey. I don’t know why it got such a bad over all rating, but I like it.

TCT328 (15) - - MAR 2, 2013
I am surprised that this beer has scored so low. I found it to be pretty drinkable and far better than most local lagers.

REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 30, 2008
This was my first south American beer. It smelled a little of corn, but that is all I could detect. The taste was typical of a budweiser or even a miller genuine. I reccomend to anyone wanting to get Brazil conquered.

bacummings (21) - Alabama, USA - JUN 12, 2009
Good sweet lager. Not spectacular, but smooth and easy to drink. very fizzy. Almost like a soda.

jimothy_bob (5) - exeter, Devon, ENGLAND - MAR 25, 2014 does not count
Bottle from Waitrose. Served a bit too warm, about 9 celsius, whilst listening to some Choro. It has been a sunny day. Aroma - predominantly onion and weed, hints of citrus and banana fritters. Appearance - pale yellow, very clear, thick white head that lasts most of the way down. Taste - Cherry, beaches (seaweed and sand), cinnamon, chlorine, soap, golden syrup, pine, vinegar, dusty old pubs. Palate - slightly soapy but overall all smooth and soft. Overall - reminds me of being on a beach in Honduras. The first sip after giving it a whiff was like’ wow, what does that remind me of?’ Not a connoisseur’s drink by any means but, a nice lager for relaxing with. The taste is reminiscent of the honduran beer and there are some strong flavours of seaside coming through. Quite a watery drink and very sweet, would be better colder and on a hot day. Not amazing but it’s a taste of Brazil, and I love Brazil.