overall
RATINGS: 144   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Porter gains it’s robust, full-bodied flavor from dark rich barley malts. We use a blend of munich, crystal, pale ale, black patent and chocolate malts. To these we add hops, filtered water and ale yeast. No adjuncts, additives or preservatives… Not pasteurized.

Uglyradio (790) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - DEC 17, 2002
Very dark brown rather than black, small head, and not much aroma. Chocolat flavors evident, fairly bitter finish. This is a nice porter, I would drink it again.

dominion (78) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 13, 2002
Nice dark color deep rich chocolate flavor with a hint of honey. good porter. The first i tried from Palmetto

krisfleet (130) - Sharon, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 1, 2002
This has possibly the weakest aroma of any porter I have tried. However, the taste is definately there. It isn't very sweet and I would have to agree with venom that it has a very earthy feeling to it. It was one of the most bitter porters I have tried. I liked it a lot and would drink it again.

VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 23, 2002
Deep ruby hued chestnut. Frothy, but sticky tan head. Scattered carbonation. Roasted malt aroma of coffee, burnt chocolate and dry nut skins. A bit fluffy but with a heaping of malt flavors. Bittersweet chocolate and singed caramel mixes with harsh black malts, roasted coffee beans and bitter walnut skins. Medium body. Pungent, earthy hoppiness rises to match the rich flavor. Finishes less foamy in body with a long chocolate finish and bitter undertow. The best thing to come from South Carolina, since Nile.

jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 17, 2002
Another decent offering from the Palmetto Brewing Company, although I'm not a big fan of this porter when compared to some of the others I've had recently. Very weak aroma as mentioned by Softale, but the flavor packs a little punch. Good coffee roasted flavor although it isn't extremely chocolatey. Good stuff.

softale (188) - Michigan, USA - SEP 13, 2002
Deep ruby-brown. Aroma is pleasant but not very strong or complex. Nose of coffee, chocolate and roasted malts. This porter is more flavorful than it's aroma. I'm tasting chocolate, caramel, toffee, coffee and a nice rich maltiness. It doesn't matter if it's summer or winter, this porter would be enjoyable any time of the year.