overall
Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 3020   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Unfiltered bottles and cans.
"Naturtrüb".
Ingredients: Water; Malted wheat; Malted barley; Yeast; Hops.

BeerLimey (2155) - California, USA - MAR 20, 2002
Dense milky, pale orangey amber look. Yeasty honey malt aroma is certainly noticeable on the first sip. Finishes slightly crisp but just seems to remain a little too sweet and sticky in the aftertaste.

aracauna (3674) - Georgia, USA - MAR 20, 2002
This is one of the beers that got me over my dislike of beer and I thank Paulaner for that. Light flavor and less bitterness than most beers. I haven't had enough German Wheats to be able to judge it against it's style, though. Good beer.

msutequilaman (84) - Troy, Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2002
My first wheat beer. Cloudy orange color, not much head (I was either too careful pouring or the bottle was a little too aged), but the aftertaste was something I've never tasted. Could be bananas, I'm not sure. I'll have to try this one again. All things considered, a pretty decent brew.

Robbenklopper99 (47) - aachen, GERMANY - MAR 19, 2002
und weg damit.............................................

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - MAR 18, 2002
I can get this on tap at a local pizza joint. Lucky for me! This is good stuff, nice and cloudy in appearance, and fresh tasting. A classic wheat beer for sure. If you have a chance to try this on tap, you won't regret it.

erway (1004) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - MAR 17, 2002
Not being my favorite style, I loved this; it was amazingly refreshing. Poured beautifully with a thick foam head and a very cloudy body. Citrus and a wonderful malt, hop balance make this a must have during the summer.

DougShoemaker (3146) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 17, 2002
Wonderful smell of wheat. Translucent gold colour, fluffy big head. Well balanced, smooth. Nice session beer.

Skred (107) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - MAR 12, 2002
If this were cheaper, I'd drink a lot more of it. Very refreshing, nice combination of fruit and sour. A little spice/herbal flavor, but not excessively so as I find many Belgian wheats to be.

Ernest (7815) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAR 10, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 2, 2007 Bottle (12/06 production). Head is initially large, frothy, white, mostly lasting. Body is hazy dark yellow, bottle conditioned. Aroma is lightly malty (toasted grain, husks), lightly yeasty (cobwebs), with a note of banana, light note of clove. Flavor is moderately sweet, moderately acidic. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately acidic, lightly bitter. Medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation. Pretty ordinary example, with a slightly odd tartness character (a bit like fruit juice). Bit weak in the mouthfeel department, but overall it’s ok.

AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - MAR 9, 2002
You've got to get around the bad smell, because everything else about this beer is wonderful! This and Pyramid are the best hefeweizens available in America, without a doubt. Sharp, wheat/fruity taste that is very refreshing.