overall
Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: Dunkelweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Stein, Weizen

RATINGS: 846   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Has the refreshing fruitiness of wheat, with the rich flavor and color of caramelized barley.

Brianroz99 (123) - Mullica Hill, New Jersey, USA - APR 18, 2001

7202131 (2) - - JUN 26, 2013 does not count
???????? ?????. ???? ????? - ??????? ?? ????. ???? ? ?????? ?? 140 ???. ?? ??????. .

ajax1994 (5) - NETHERLANDS - MAR 25, 2014 does not count
My all time favourite beer, had this on my way to Austria, in the south of Germany. A really great taste, an even more beautiful looking beer and a beautiful bottle. Really hard to get in The Netherlands.

bsm80 (144) - Massapequa Park, New York, USA - SEP 5, 2008
frothy, hazy, nice bitterness, full bodied, creamy thick head, soft carbonation, long lasting delicious finish. I had this beer almost 10 years ago now, when I was underage in the US, but legal where I enjoyed it in Germany. To this day it is the best taste that ever hit my lips, and to this day I cannot find it anywhere in the states, I am still staring at the empty can.

AtronSeige (1519) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - SEP 2, 2015
Aroma: Medium bready, banana, clove. Light honey, well balanced. No hops. Appearance: Cloudy, brown body. Large, off-white, rocky head. Good retention. Lacing. Flavour: Medium-light banana, clove, bready. Light munich malt. Medium-dry finish with lingering maltiness. No hops, Low bitterness. Mouthfeel: Medium body, medium carbonation, slightly sharp. Overall: Great example. 500 ml bottle, roused, poured. 15B. Dunkelweizen

IanMcChouffe99 (40) - NETHERLANDS - JAN 9, 2002
two words: Excellent Beer

Brainiac (218) - Riga, LATVIA - NOV 4, 2014
0,5l bottle. Gtreat barley aroma. Some caramelized hints come on tongue, but not sweet, its ok.

dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 29, 2001
Excellent dunkel weizen. Even better than their hefeweizen i thought. Great tasting clove and banana flavor.

Hazmatt (363) - Virginia, USA - MAY 14, 2007
Bottle. Pours dark amber, nice off white head. Aroma of yeast, caramel malts and slight bubblegum. Wheaty flavor with toffe notes. Smooth, biscuity. Solid brew. How this ranks only in the upper 70’s overall is beyond me. This is an excellent beer.

ads135 (4590) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 15, 2013
This was one of the nicer dark hefes I had while I was in Munich in 2013. Thick on the tongue, caramel and banana.