overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1036   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This beer is sold as Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen on the US market.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
GreatSatanUSA (107) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Sweet marzen style brew, fairly tasty piece of work. Quality beer, it's sweet with a malty fruity taste. Shouldn't disappoint as long as you know what to expect.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
frankR (146) - Davis, California, USA - OCT 31, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2004 Drank out of a big keg can during Halloween. Bronze color, very nice looking. Sweet, spicy, bitter malts, well balance hints of carmel. Best Marzen I've ever had. Under rated.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
garv (24) - dalton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 31, 2003
My favorite Octoberfest! Wonderful when freshly drawn from the tap in my gargage on a crisp autumn morning!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - OCT 27, 2003
This beer came in a 12oz bottle. Poured a very interesting amber color with a decent head that didn't stick around too long. The aroma was very sweet and promising with caramel malts being the forerunner. The flavor was not as I expected from the smell. The caramel malt is the strongest part of the flavor, but there is a certain bitterness that I did not like with this one. The bitter bite makes me give it low marks for drinkability and mouthfeel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Choos (753) - Taylors Hill, AUSTRALIA - OCT 26, 2003
Light fruity aroma that seemed to me to quickly vanish. Clear amber. Nicely hopped, lightly malty but with a metalic background flavour. Looked fairly carbonated when I poured it but drinks very easily with not much mouthfeel. Overall very nice and something you could drink an awful lot of without realising it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
desurfer (1302) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2003
Not too impressive. Standard looking Oktoberfest, same malty flavor, but I detected a distinct sourness in it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dwyerpg (5946) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 23, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 3, 2005 Fantastic light fruity smell, like an IPA. Great color, taste, flavor. The only drawback I find is that it is not as full or filling as I would like. On a re-rate, and after knowing fully what this style is, this beer is certainly at or near the top.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
mkobes (2142) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - OCT 21, 2003
Smooth beer with a hoppy flavor. Good flavor.It had a rich creamy head. Very clean. Amber in color. I liked it. Pleasant fest beer to drink.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2003
Not bad but not my favorite. Mine said on the label "Oktoberfest/Marzen" and directly beneath "Amber". I'm rating it here because the rest of the label is correct. Not a bad Marzen comparable to Samuel Adams in flavor to me. Capital is still my favorite followed closely by leinies Oktoberfest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dortmunder (961) - Herdecke, GERMANY - OCT 3, 2003
Bottled. Clear copper. Head is very slightly off-white and diminishing. Malty nose. Tastes malty with a bit of hoppiness. Slightly bitter finish. Overall the taste reminded me more of a Helles than a Märzen. A little disappointment.