overall
Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: Doppelbock
Munich, Germany

RATINGS: 2722   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
The Paulaner Salvator with its strong,typically malty taste is the original Paulaner. The bottom-fermented Doppelbock-Bier unites the finest hops and dark barley malt. The Paulaner monks served Salvator as a replacement for food at Lent. Their most famous brewer was Brother Barnabas, who was the head of the Paulaner monastery brewery starting from 1773. Its original recipe is today almost the same as it was in Barnabas’ time. In order to protect the original recipe, Paulaner had the trade mark "Salvator" patented in 1896.

Original wort 18,3%
alcohol 7,9%
calories 68,0 kcal/100 m

mmmm,beer99 (9) - Milford, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 14, 2002 does not count
Another great German beer. Delicious and less pricey than some other worthy beers. A staple in my beer fridge.

andrewboss (137) - New York, USA - JUL 3, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 8, 2007 Bottle... Beautiful auburn (ish) color with a nice brown (ish) head. Wonderful aroma. Perfect bitterness (which I adore) and a bittersweet finish. This was my first try and it’s already an instant Top 10 for me. On second try, I decided to rate it higher. Double Bock is simply fantastic!

rdelljh (155) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 7, 2007
Nice carbonation. Elements of molasses, caramel and syrup, hints of dried apple and oak. Goes well with the winter season. Old Stein Inn, MD

as (180) - Belgrade / Hamburg, - DEC 28, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 29, 2007 Best beer I had so far in my life. Incredibly rich and full flavor, of course malty and sugary-sweet. Beautiful dark reddish color. I was utterly amazed how easy it was to drink this beer, no trace of the high alcohol content, just pure taste.

RigorMortis (24) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 18, 2008
Deep, rich color, pours nicely. Sweet yet complex. Strong but smooth. Incredibly good, one of my favorites.

Caytinator (1005) - Waco, Texas, USA - FEB 26, 2012
0.5L bottle. My favorite German beer of all time. The quintessential Dopplebock. Aroma is strong and malty. Medium head dissipates quickly, bold amber color, hazy. Medium bitterness blends well with medium sweetness, and a little alcohol taste at the end. Hearty, full-bodied, delicious.

beeracoon (511) - - OCT 13, 2012
Small white head. Red-brownish colour. Wonderful woody, caramel aroma. Tart taste and a full-flavoured, aromatic finish. My favourite bock beer.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
This is probably my favorite overall beer. Malty, bready, sweet, delicious. To me, this is the ultimate in what a standard ale should taste like. Get it!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Beerguzz (1) - Texas, USA - MAR 12, 2016 does not count
Tried this beer for the first time last night at of all places, a wine bar, now my favorite. I went out and bought me some to have in the comfort of my home. Beer is very, very smooth with exceptional flavor but be careful because it does pack a punch that’ll sneak up on you. I can go on and on so I’ll just stop here and go enjoy another one. Enjoy any beer and be safe. Juan

Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2002
Great doppelbock. Sweet carmel malt and was just delightful.................