overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Bosteels (AB-InBev)
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Buggenhout, Belgium

RATINGS: 2358   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 252   ABV: 8.4%
Full-bodied Belgian Specialty Ale. Amber in color with beautiful foam and slightly sweet, seductive malt character. Rich, satisfying Belgian experience.

thebaron99 (110) - Royston Park SA, AUSTRALIA - MAY 4, 2002
Floral ether of heady type mead like and grape hyacinth. Serve warmish, 8ºC+ for full effect. Cloying sweetness of treacle and sherry. Initially disappointed (too cold) but will try again.

duff (5486) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAY 1, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 20, 2003 An aproachable belgian beer. malty aroma, Quite malty, salty and sweet then bitter. Hints of toffee, pepper, anise, caramel, pears, apples (overipe). Actually quite pleasant, and even complex. I think the spicyness dominates it a bit too much however, and the flavours don't quite combine.

confusedboy0 (99) - BELGIUM - APR 30, 2002
Another great experience in the Belgian Beer world..........................

joet (2675) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - APR 28, 2002
On tap at Amnesia, SF. A brilliant orange glow.Yeast in the nose, some malt, biteless. Light but full bodied. I can see how this is a number one brew for some people. This is a great brew but it's full slightly syrupy feel can damper my tripel guzzling. The glass and holder are a nice touch as well.

neilrichards (191) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 28, 2002
I enjoyed this one. The head lasted for ages. I was worried that i might under rate it as mine had fairly large amounts of floating matter suspended in it. I was trying to hard to avoid it. It wasn't too strong tasting for me either, which i find some belgians to be. I want the Kwak glass - it looks fantastic!

Andrew196 (2039) - Katy, Texas, USA - APR 28, 2002
Disregard this rating because I am not a fan of the style. It reminded me a lot of Ommegang Hennipin with that Golden Belgian taste of spicy bananas.

leaparsons (10859) - Wigston, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 14, 2002
Unusual, this one. There is a licquorish and fruit taste that is not unpleasant! Nice alcohol on the palate as well.

hoppyman (34) - Quebec, CANADA - APR 2, 2002
Middle of the road tripel.Nice foamy head with lacing but disappears fast.Little carbonation.Nose of ripe pears,apricots.Taste is on the bitter side with metallic/herbal notes.Beer is quite good,not exceptional .The glass is great though.

William (202) - Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - MAR 25, 2002
Excellent belgian ale. Beautiful colour. Has a medium sweet flavour to it, not as sweet as La Chouffe. Don't forget to take the glass and holder home with you.

jutipiri99 (1) - SPAIN - MAR 15, 2002 does not count
The first time I taste it i've thinked that was the better beer i've never tasted.At now, I'm still thinking thats a very good beer. If you never have tasted, don't wait more.