RATINGS: 9   MEAN: 3.79/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
American Coffee IPA. 7% Huge notes of blueberry nuggets. Dry hopped with Citra Hops from Carpenter Ranch. Nugget Hops from Segal Ranch. And Coffee Labs Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Gelana Abaya Natural.

• Locate Sellers

Most RecentTicked By

jbruner (5828) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - OCT 11, 2015
Pours an opaque brownish black on tap with fluffy tan head that leaves moderate lace. Aroma is mostly coffee, hint of hops behind. Taste is more toward the IPA, nice roasty back end though. Bubbly carbonation, clean and easy, definitely more toward the coffee.

ben4321 (7027) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - OCT 23, 2013
Location: Draft at the Brewpub, 9/20/13

Aroma: The nose is coffee, some malts, chocolate, fruity notes, and plenty of hops as well
Appearance: It pours a dark brown color, a brownish head, and similar colored lace
Flavor: The taste is as you’d expect, rich coffee malts, and plenty of hop bitterness for balance
Palate: The body is medium, maybe leans a touch light for the style, with a clean finish
Overall Impression:
LYRICS TIME!:
Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me Maurice
’Cause I speak of the pompitous of love
People talk about me, baby
Say I’m doin’ you wrong, doin’ you wrong
Well, don’t you worry baby, don’t worry
’Cause I’m right here, right here, right here, right here at home
’Cause I’m a picker, I’m a grinner
I’m a lover and I’m a sinner
I play my music in the sun
I’m a joker, I’m a smoker
I’m a midnight toker
I get my lovin’ on the run
You’re the cutest thing that I ever did see
I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree
Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time
Oee baby, I’ll sure show you a good time
Really, there isn’t much more to say. I speak of the pompitous of love, but you already knew that. There’s more coffee, and less of a hoppy flavor than its lighter brother Dream of the 90s, but this one is also really good, and I can’t help but rate them the same. Shout out to the one, the only, the great: Steve Miller Band. I feel like I’m becoming a Peekskill fan-boy at this point. It is getting ridiculous at this point.

zdk (1917) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 25, 2013
tap at alewife - well I’m not getting much in the way of IPA, but still a nicely balanced, hoppy stout. Ton of coffee, toasted barley, finishes with pine resinous. Some vanilla notes in there as well.

vtafro (7453) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - JUL 11, 2013
Draft. Black pour with fan head. Aroma is coffee dominant. Coffee dominates flavor with some hints of hops. Don’t really see this as an ipa.

Slipstream (2763) - USA - JUL 7, 2013
On tap at PB. There is loads of coffee & a modest hop level in this black IPA - roasty & dry but still quite mellow.

blipp (10265) - La Mesa, California, USA - JUL 6, 2013
Draft. Pours deep brown with a beige head. Chocolate and sweet malts, citric hops, big coffee, and fudge. Rich, balanced, and really drinkable. The big coffee notes make this come across more as a hoppy stout than a black IPA. Still really damn good.

jredmond (8999) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 22, 2013
Draft at the brewery with Linh. Pours a deep brown, nearly & practically black with nice brown lacing. Aroma is rich coffee - almost deep espresso tones complimented perfectly with a bright citrus hop character and a reserved, creamy roastiness. This could compete with the dream of the 90s which is currently one of the best coffee IPAs in my eyes at this point. Mouthfeel is medium with the roast coming through on top of the fresh citrus hop. Light grass and coffee as well. I still prefer Dot90s to this, but another great coffee-infused IPA from Peekskill.

swoopjones (7019) - Buffalo, New York, USA - OCT 29, 2012
Draft. Darker brown/ black pour. Big roastiness, citrusy hops and coffee. Tons of coffee. Really worked well together. Coffee and hops weirdly feed off each other. Very good

j12601 (13659) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - SEP 29, 2012
On tap at the brewery. Pours a deep black with a medium sized tan to beige head. Aromas are fruity coffee, grassy notes, roast, light citrus and some light blueberry. Big coffee up front, smooth hops. Light citrus and fruit. Lots of tasty coffee, cocoa, chocolate, long roast. Coffee, long bitterness, cocoa, faint grapefruit. Very smooth and complex.