overall
RATINGS: 493   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Huge Cascade hop aroma, the subtle malty sweetness, and the spicy, citrusy flavor of this robust, gold colored ale.

Previously called India Pelican Ale, 7.5%
Now called Imperial Pelican Ale, 8%

DP27FW (1) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 19, 2007 does not count
Simply the best IPA the NW has to offer. Very bitter, cutting hops with a strong floral nose. Medium to full body and a subtle malty finish to go with the lingering hops.

cathcacr (647) - Oregon, USA - JUN 3, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 29, 2006 On draft right at the brewpub, and this was pretty much as good as it gets. I like Stone’s IPA so darn much, and this is right there with Stone’s. I think being straight from the tap helps the ratings of great beers.

unclemattie (4406) - Georgia, USA - AUG 8, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 22, 2009 light amber, beautiful lacing on the glass. spicy florals, sweet bitters. medium bodied. Sweet malt finish. contrary to most other IPAs.

maximusrex (5) - USA - OCT 14, 2009 does not count
A great example of a NW IPA. Full bodied that almost tastes like a double IPA.

doubleipa (224) - Georgia, USA - OCT 24, 2005
My wife and I both throught this was the best IPA we had on our trip to Oregon. We had this at the Pelican on a beautiful afternoon at the beach. Wonderful hazy orange appearance with a decent head. Serving temperature was just right. An exceptional grapefruit smell that matched the wonderful hoppy taste. Hop taste lasts throughout, but also a distinct malteness. I could drink this beer all day. Unfortunately I didn’t have any room left to bring some bombers back to Atlanta.

filtersweep (5) - USA - MAR 16, 2007 does not count
Bottle pours a deep, rich gold with thick head. Hop aroma is off the charts; like I just stuck my face in a bale of wet hops. Incredible. Sweet/bitter balance is robust and impeccable, as well as accompanies a full body. Lots of citrus here with notes of pine. Easily my favorite IPA at the moment and the one I recommend the strongest.