overall
RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 3.53/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
American Brown Ale.
"That’s Mr. Brown too you!” We used a lot of base malt and four different dark malts in this beer resulting in a complex malt character and a warming alcohol flavor. This is a great cold weather beer, warming and smooth to take away the chill. We balanced it with Kent Goldings hops.

Beerowulf (136) - , Indiana, USA - AUG 17, 2010
Sample at GTMW. Brown like a stout with a great nutty, roasty aroma and a little hoppiness. Very smooth, drinkable brew. 7% ABV but wasn’t readily apparent.......a good thing!!! It was a hot day in Madison last Saturday, and I can’t wait to try this brew during football season. Great stuff from Peoples Brewing.

bagalagalaga (161) - Indiana, USA - MAY 4, 2013
I would have called this one Mr. Black since pretty much no light can pierce it through the pint glass. Very malty, a little chocolatey, and a bit oily consistency. Tastes and looks kind of like a toned-down imperial stout more than a brown ale to me. Very good overall, I was kind of disappointed I just got a single after trying this one.

574deadzone (1420) - North Central, Indiana, USA - SEP 27, 2012
Pours deep dark brown to black with a thin mocha head. Nose is toast, some chocolate, some earthy grassy hop notes, perhaps a bit of tree bark. Taste is fairly sweet but there’s some bitterness to balance: it’s really quite well balanced overall. Palate is definitely medium bodied, pretty rich but not too heavy, maybe a touch oily, with a pleasant toasty finish. A nice brew, one to sip on and enjoy but smooth enough to knock back if that’s your thing. Good stuff.

jmarsh123 (166) - Indiana, USA - OCT 2, 2013
A - Chocolate color with a tan head that dissipates quickly. S - Again chocolate with some caramel notes. T - A lot hoppier than most browns. Has a slightly sweet taste upfront and then the bitterness from the hops follows. Good tint of alcohol throughout. M - A bit lighter than similar beer in this style, but still has a bit of bready thickness to it. D - Browns aren’t my normal style, but this beer went down incredibly smooth. Would’ve gladly had another if I didn’t have to drive later.