overall

RATINGS: 39   MEAN: 3.23/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
One of the most popular beers we brew; this is our version of a traditional brown ale. A truly tasty beer, Farmer Brown is low in bitterness with a smooth and malty finish. Like its namesake, it’s outstanding in it’s field!

Lubiere (13796) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 14, 2006
Reddish brown ale with a thin white head. Light sweet malt aroma, and sweetish malt in mouth, with nutty notes. A bit cloying for a brown, and light bodied. On tap at brewery , Feb. 10, 2006.

Cletus (6355) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 26, 2006
Pours brown with a light brown head. Smells of chocolate and nuts. Tastes nutty with some decent malt.

mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - FEB 17, 2007
Not the usual smooth brown ale that I have had before. Pours quite dark with little head. Malty and has some bitterness. Not my favorite brown ale.

beerbill (3616) - Laurel, New York, USA - OCT 28, 2006
22 oz. bottle. I’ll give them credit, its not a typical brown ale. Has some positive notes and negative. Pours an opaque dark brown with a thin off-white head that was chased away in about 30 seconds. Aroma of coffee and bittersweet chocolate a definite plus. Sweet, nutty flavor is offset by a weird taste like wet cardboard. Thin, watery mouthfeel. Glad I shared this bottle with my wife, I don’t think I would have finished 22 oz. of this beer.

Mariobiron (22) - St-Mathias-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, CANADA - APR 24, 2016
Très ordinaire. Je n’ai pas terminé la bouteille et la personne avec qui je l’ai partagée n’a pas terminé son verre. Décente sans plus.

cjl6 (57) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUN 11, 2011
Dare I say this is undercarbonated? Pours with no head. Sweet, heavy in body. Nice toasty malt flavor, but cant get over how sweet it is.

GonZoBeeR (3061) - ste-catherine, Quebec, CANADA - FEB 14, 2006
On tap at the pub.... Aroma:Light nutty... Appearance:cooper-brown,no head... Flavor:Nutty and watery......

madnorwegian (222) - FRANCE - SEP 5, 2014
Just ok. Head fades nearly immediately. Pretty bland taste. Lots of malt and not much else.

KariCupcake (214) - Lenox, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 17, 2006
Ugh! It smelled like vinegar... it tasted like vinegar but with a very very watery mouthfeel. Still better than any bud product tho.