overall

RATINGS: 1246   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.12/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle & can; Filtered.
Ingredients: Water; Barley Malt; Corn grits; Hop pellets; Hop extract.
The original Italian lager. Peroni is the number one lager brand in Italy and has been for over one and a half centuries. This premium, clear, golden-yellow lager, with 4.7 ABV, is the result of the dedication to brewing of generations of the most qualified braumeisters.
Brewed using the finest spring barley malts and hops, its taste is slightly bitter. A refreshing smooth lager, Peroni is suitable for all occasions.
10.65°

walleye (1099) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - NOV 13, 2004
bottle. poured a nice golden color with a meduim sized head. aroma light malts some sweetness. flavor malts some sweetness to it a hint of bitterness with a hint of skunk. went ok with my Italian dinner I am glad it was a speial for $2.00

jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - NOV 13, 2004
Your run of the mill pale lager, however this one seems to be spiced up with the bubbly humor and dilatory history of Italy.

Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - NOV 8, 2004
Bottle. Slightly skunky and bland. Absolutley nothing stands out about this beer. I like skunky beers, and this one wasn’t skunky enough. It wasn’t bitter, malty, or anything. Blah.

shadey (2125) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 3, 2004
Looks like an american pale... tastes SLIGHTLY better than an american pale lage. I was able to finish the glass, so I guess it deserves credit for that much.

cfranz (261) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 28, 2004
Not a bad beer, not that great either. Nicely golden color. What I thought beer was before I started drinking beer.

pilsnerrogge (2935) - Finspång, SWEDEN - OCT 23, 2004
Golden coloured with a disappering head. Somewhat malty aroma. Sweet and malty flavour. Drinkable, but that’s about it.

MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 21, 2004
Okay but nothing special stood out. Pours a thick white head and had with little to none aroma. Flavor is kind of bland at times but not too bad. Overall there just wasn’t anything to it.

BrockLanders (780) - Panama City, Florida, USA - OCT 12, 2004
I’m sorry for not getting this garbage out of the way years ago. After I rated Doggie Claws I saw someone else had rated this. Boy did it bring back some awful memories. This crap sucks....and that’s putting it nicely. There’s a local Italian restaurant that promotes this crap. The server looked totally insulted when I told her how much they were ripping off folks by charging $4.00/bottle.....can you believe that? I bet if Bush or Kerry would stand up for craft beer they’d carry the election. Geez....$4....something stinks bad there. Anyway, it’s that bad, from start to finish. It’s like that guy on the lable is just snickering at you. It don’t taste like a fart like Corona, but it’s darn close. Do yourself a favor and avoid this garbage. BTW, I’m writing this based on an experience from some time ago. I’d never try this again, not even on a bet.

yayforbeer (753) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - OCT 12, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2009 At least it doesn’t give you the shits like drinking the water in Italy does. Its available just about everywhere there, and if you don’t want the wine this is about the only choice. Not bad but not good either. House wine is the better choice. 1.2 .. .. rerate: 04 Sep 2009 .. 12oz bottle at Aaron’s Pizza in Orange Park, FL. Had a cold one straight from the bottle with a large mushroom and black olive pizza. My wife had a glass of wine so I had the opportunity to compare the beer to a medium-low quality California Cabernet Sauvignon. The beer was a better match to the pizza. Flavor was better than I remember from years ago, with sweet pale malts and a mild hop bitterness, better tasting than the typical American macro lager. It hit the spot pretty well, and I would have had a second had I not been driving. 2.2

0.6
BeerBlockaid (683) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - OCT 11, 2004
Bitter taste. Average. Nothing to get your attention. Boring really. Light enough to enjoy with a heavy dinner, but that’s pushing it. You would think the place that gave birth to Versace, Prada, and Dolce&Gabbana would have created a much more elaborate beer.