overall
RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
From the moment you pop the top, it’s obvious Pete’s Wicked Red Rush isn’t an ordinary ale. "Engineered to deliver a heightened effervescence, our American Red Ale is WICKEDLY charged! Discover the RUSH... Get Wicked!

StevieMSU (64) - Kentucky, USA - JAN 30, 2002
Great beer, in my college life, I have tried many good beers, but this one has a distinct flavor but maybe just a bit to much caramel..But anyhow it is a great beer to have with dinner...

Indra (2711) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - JAN 22, 2002
Sweet aroma. Orangey-copper color. Reasonably lively carbonation and head. Some caramelly sweetness mixed with an unexpectedly fruity, pear-like flavor. A tad of bitterness, but not much. So-so balance and mouthfeel, then. Hmm...it’s okay. I think I actually prefer Killian’s, if you’re into comparing the two. Compared to the excellent (if memory serves) Pete’s Wicked Red that was discontinued quite some time ago, this is nothing.

krisbierjaeger (844) - dolores, Colorado, USA - JAN 10, 2002
listen, guys, this brewery is owned by gambrinus, so i doubt if ol’ pete is still wearing the brewer’s coveralls and pulling an all- nighter out in the brewhouse scouring the kettles. gambrinus brings us such lovely beers as corona and moosehead (bitter sarcasm). knowing i was probably in for a mediocre beer, i still ponied up my seven bucks for the red rush-- ’cause i hadn’t tried it, ’cause i believe in miracles and mostly because the crummy booze stores in delaware ohio only carry about a dozen ’safe’ brands. so it’s about what i expected, a beer that was subjected to focus groups consisting of your aunt ethel, morty the plumber, mr. rogers and rex the safety beagle. the ingredients are right, but they’re a tad parsimonious. i couldn’t really find anything offensive about it, tho believe me, i tried. if your choice for an evening’s conviviality was free michelob or red rush at two bucks a pop, you’d pay for the red rush.

Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 14, 2001
’slightly malty, thin bodied, bitter aroma, Reddish amber hue.’ Yep, that’s all I wrote...I had a few before I had this one...thank God... Didn’t really care for it too much. (I’m rating this a few days after)

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - DEC 10, 2001
Goes down easily and somewhat smooth. Sweet, roasted fruitiness. Probably more lively than Killian’s, but still very average. Would’ve expected more out of Slos...

RunawayUD (30) - USA - DEC 2, 2001
A great beer. I always like Killian’s but this ten times better.

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 23, 2001
Pete, what the hell were you thinking?

THE BEER BARON (275) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 18, 2001
The best part of this beer was its color. The rest was disappointing.

jayme9874 (756) - Hamburg, New York, USA - NOV 9, 2001
Pale copper, decent head and lace. Malt start and palate, slightly hoppy finish with an funky aftertaste. It smooth and drinkable but average at best.

djsun2599 (12) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - NOV 6, 2001
Not impressed. Used to be a big Pete’s fan. Until I tried a few more hundred beers. Now I think all the Pete’s beers are week and bland. Oh well. Another $6.50 down the drain.