overall
RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
From the moment you pop the top, it’s obvious Pete’s Wicked Red Rush isn’t an ordinary ale. "Engineered to deliver a heightened effervescence, our American Red Ale is WICKEDLY charged! Discover the RUSH... Get Wicked!

Dorwart (2609) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - JAN 2, 2003
Nice big head from the pour and lasts for a little while. Decent color of dark orange. Pretty bland beer though. Not much flavor. Additionally tastes a little rusty. Maybe that is where it gets its color from. One of my least favorite Pete's brews.

Andrew196 (1991) - Katy, Texas, USA - JAN 1, 2003
This is one of those beers that I bought a 6 of to try and two months later there is still a single bottle in the back of my fridge. I will drink it when it is the only thing there. It IS drinkable indeed, but I would expect better from Pete. Drink cold! UPDATE: this update is long overdue. One day a windstorm blew the screen off a window above my apartment. The screen apparently fell towards the ground, but in doing so flew at some ridiculous angle and cracked my bedroom window. I alerted the landlord and a window repair guy came out to fix it the following day. This dude was all gnarly and smelly, trailer trash to boot. Dude replaces window and as a kind gesture, I offered him a beer before he departed. I knew from the start that I had nothing he had ever heard of, so I reached for the Pete's Red in the back figuring that he may actually enjoy it over anything else I had at the time. He looked at it with a cock-headed look like dogs often get and asked what it was all about. I told him that it was beer and that he should take it with him. He acted like I had given him foreign currency that he didnt know how to use. I will never know he he drank the beer or what he thought of it.

SiddFinch (156) - Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 23, 2002
Effervescence is not something I typically appreciate in a beer. Reminded me of an alcoholic soda.

NightOwl (45) - Midland, Michigan, USA - DEC 22, 2002
Umm... no. Just say no. Pick a different Pete's, because he makes some good brews. This just isn't one of them.

Tippie4 (97) - Auburn, Maine, USA - DEC 20, 2002
..................................................

ElGaucho (2401) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - DEC 6, 2002
Moderate malt aroma; small sized, creamy, off-white head; mostly diminishing. Orange in color. Mostlyt malty with an ever so suble bitterness. Too malty! Get some hops, Pete!!

Vikingbeau (67) - Albertville, Minnesota, USA - DEC 6, 2002
this bitch's name is red rush but she is orange in appearance. it tastes like pop. she has an appearance you can see right through but gives absolutely no head and wears no lace. palate is lame. overall soft.

Sturgess (173) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2002
Not a bad red ale....I would reccomend Rock Creek's Red Ale over this any day however.

gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 25, 2002
Decent Petes brew not my favorite. Hoppy but a bit watered down as well. A little flavor to it but not that much.

obxdude10 (2374) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 25, 2002
Pretty lame brew, not a whole lot of flavors happening, very disappointing