overall
RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
From the moment you pop the top, it’s obvious Pete’s Wicked Red Rush isn’t an ordinary ale. "Engineered to deliver a heightened effervescence, our American Red Ale is WICKEDLY charged! Discover the RUSH... Get Wicked!

mjmurphy2 (85) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 29, 2002
An inconsistent beer, at first I was prepared to label it among the worst beers I have ever had - positively toxic, but sometimes its not too bad, so I decided to split the difference.

GregL40 (97) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 28, 2002
Flat aroma with basically zero head after ten seconds. I’ve yet to find a red ale that pleases my palate.

Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 12, 2002
Odd orange color. I say odd, both because I’ve never seen a beer this color before, and because this is supposed to be a red. Nice head, but it faded quickly. Malty taste, and the alcohol is very evident. Dry to the point I feel I need another beer just to re-wet my mouth.

legion242 (2348) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Pale orange and red; Head was nice looking; Malt accents in the nose. Very mild. Hint at some burnt malt aceents.

nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Being a big fan of red ales, I was a little dissapointed in ole Pete. Very carbonated and doesn’t take many chances.

Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Very carbonated - the bubbles never stop! malty, amber. like killian’s but without the nasty aftertaste i always get with killians. overall - passable.

bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUL 11, 2002
I really enjoyed this one. A nice sweet malty flavor and very smooth finish. I have been very impressed with the Petes Wicked line of beers.

Dogbrick (13006) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 10, 2002
Got this as part of a sampler pack. I am glad I didn’t get 6ers of all of these because for the most part they have been barely above average (I do like the original). This was no exception. Copper colored (not very red at all actually) with a thin head. Mild malty nose. Somewhat bland flavor but easy to drink and mildly sweet throughout. So-so.

BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - JUL 2, 2002
A couple of ’CO2’s’ are buried in the text jumbled logo while the commercial description boasts of ’heightened effervescence’. This may be an overduplicated style but some brewers make it well (N.Coast, Roague, Full Sail). This however is just another one of those run of the mill micros aimed at newbies. A little sugary, almost candy-like sweetness is pretty much as complex as things get. Heightened effervescence? Thankfully not.

HighlanderOne (1327) - York, SC via NJ, South Carolina, USA - JUN 17, 2002
Good stuff, but despite color, flavor is too similar (and not quite as good) as Pete’s Wicked. interesting color tho - changes depending on how you view the glass.