overall
RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
From the moment you pop the top, it’s obvious Pete’s Wicked Red Rush isn’t an ordinary ale. "Engineered to deliver a heightened effervescence, our American Red Ale is WICKEDLY charged! Discover the RUSH... Get Wicked!

AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - SEP 23, 2002
Clear amber color, respectable foamy head. Somewhat light on the tongue. I get some small amount of hoppy fruitiness...white grapes, pears, apples? Little bit of malt, nothing too special. Off-flavors come out toward the finish.

grymy (105) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - SEP 13, 2002
not the best by petes ..................................................

jpm8920 (153) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2002
bad after taste.............................................

mjmurphy2 (85) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 29, 2002
An inconsistent beer, at first I was prepared to label it among the worst beers I have ever had - positively toxic, but sometimes its not too bad, so I decided to split the difference.

GregL40 (97) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 28, 2002
Flat aroma with basically zero head after ten seconds. I've yet to find a red ale that pleases my palate.

Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 12, 2002
Odd orange color. I say odd, both because I've never seen a beer this color before, and because this is supposed to be a red. Nice head, but it faded quickly. Malty taste, and the alcohol is very evident. Dry to the point I feel I need another beer just to re-wet my mouth.

legion242 (2348) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Pale orange and red; Head was nice looking; Malt accents in the nose. Very mild. Hint at some burnt malt aceents.

nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Being a big fan of red ales, I was a little dissapointed in ole Pete. Very carbonated and doesn't take many chances.

Drew (2470) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Very carbonated - the bubbles never stop! malty, amber. like killian's but without the nasty aftertaste i always get with killians. overall - passable.

bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUL 11, 2002
I really enjoyed this one. A nice sweet malty flavor and very smooth finish. I have been very impressed with the Petes Wicked line of beers.