overall
RATINGS: 206   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Petes Wicked Winter Brew has a deep amber color and playful hint of nutmeg and raspberry.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - OCT 31, 2000
I just dont see this as a good winter warmer. Not that its a bad beer; it just doesnt have the substance and body that most heavier winter seasonal beers usually have. To me the raspberry is dominant in both aroma and taste over any perception of nutmeg or the malts. I find it to be more in the style of a refreshing hot weather beer; like a raspberry wheat. I always thought Petes Maple Porter, which was discontinued, was a much better winter seasonal brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beergirl99 (101) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 5, 2000
I like this winter brew. The rasberry and nutmeg are apparent yet not overpowering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
turtlehead (111) - Nottingham, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 20, 2000
This beer bursts with flavor and excelence. Truely my favorite Petes brew. At times I wish it wasnt seasonal, but I think waiting for this beer to hit the shelves is all part of it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
billb (245) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - MAY 23, 2000
This is great seasonal stuff. Awesome raspberry and nutmeg aftertaste thats not too overpowering but definitely apparent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
karl (158) - Glendale, New York, USA - MAY 23, 2000

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
roland (38) - Bellevue, Washington, USA - MAY 1, 2000
One of my favourite brews. Worth spending the time to find the last stores still carrying it in the spring - this is a seasonal beer worth drinking year-round.