overall
RATINGS: 197   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Pete’s Wicked Winter Brew has a deep amber color and playful hint of nutmeg and raspberry.

sfontain (851) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 9, 2004
Possibly a relatively old bottle, e.g., 6 months perhaps; not sure. Pours a nice dark reddish amber color with lots of tiny floaties. Initially had a nice, creamy, beige head that almost immediately disappeared. Aroma is tart and sugary sweet and mostly of rasperries, along with a hint of nutmeg (I guess). Flavor is a little harsher than expected, but not bad. The raspberry really stands out, and there is barely some nutmeg in there. Very sweet with very bitter hops in the finish. Fairly thin mouthfeel. Not bad, but certainly not among my favorite winter beers.

Cornboy (424) - Eastampton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 26, 2004
Used to be a beer I waited for each year, then everything changed a few years (or more) back. Just not the same beer it used to be. Very toned down in all dimensions. Is it me? or is it Petes?

BeerandBlues2 (13323) - Escondido, California, USA - MAY 26, 2004
Light nut brown to amber color with a fizzy tan head. Aroma is of hops and raspberry; somewhat toasty. Sweet to then lightly bitter. The nutmeg and raspberry flavors are a little muted. Nice medium palate.

brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - MAY 20, 2004
Aroma is fresh with nutmeg and artifical raspberry. Sweet malt, raspberry flavor. Not alot of depth here. Thin and crisp. Overall, ok if the beer selection is limited.

FROTHINGSLOSH (7796) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 8, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2011 Odd but not bad. +++ Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer pours a nice copper color with a small tan head. There is a light sour aroma that was a bit disappointing. The flavor is malty and sour with a definite raspberry taste. There is a bitterness that lingers.

run20six2 (123) - USA - APR 12, 2004
Tried one of these that my friend brought over and I was impressed. Had some nice after taste of nutmeg and coffee. Its hard to get however

DocLock (10702) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2004
Decent reddish amber color. Aromas of malt, slight raspberry, and spice. Finishes smooth, malty, and fruity. Balanace seems a tad off. Not bad.

ghostwheel (43) - Hauppauge, New York, USA - APR 5, 2004
Head dissipates too fast. Smell is fruity. I hate fruit in my beer. Light hops. A decent beer, but all in all there's a whole lot better in this category. I wouldn't go out of my way to look for this beer. Pete's definitely makes better brews than this one.

JCapriotti (1379) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 26, 2004
Frothy off white avg size head that dissipates fairly fast. Clear orange/red body. Aroma isn't too bad.. raspberry, caramel. Taste has a malty raspberry flavor, but not a big fan of it.

hershiser2 (3264) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 2, 2004
Price paid: $6.99 for a 6-pack Nice deep amber, but very small head that goes away quickly. Smell leaves something to be desired for. I bought this for two reasons: seasonal and the word "nutmeg" on the label. Nutmeg, my favorite spice, is nowhere to be found in the aroma. It does have a slight raspberryish type smell, but it almost smells like cheap extract (which is might very well be). OK, I can taste the nutmeg a tiny bit, but it's masked by a cheap raspberry taste... I love raspberries, but not this beer. Mouthfeel is actually kinda weird... reminds me a bit of a ginger ale feel. Not impressed. As far as seasonals go, this one is not in the "better" category. I suppose I should have known to stay away from the new Pete's.