overall
Style: Sour/Wild Ale
Harelbeke, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1583   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Aged? Many beers have a long maturation, but this one has only 24-36 months in oak barrels. Pale? This beer has an old gold to bronze color, rather than the burgundy more common in the breweries of West Flanders. This is the ‘mother beer,’ used in various quantities to blend with the other Petrus beers, and to give them their unique and very distinctive taste. This mother beer is rather sour with a bite like the best Brut Champagnes. A connoisseur’s delight! The only one of its kind on the U.S. market.

Gusler (2652) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - OCT 24, 2001
Finally, the 'Aged Petrus Pale' has arrived, although I have sampled to date 3947 different beers over the last 40 plus years, I want the 1000th on 'Ratebeer' to be special, and it is. The Pour A some what dark gold color, moderate to generous white head. The Nose That of a fine wine, malt tones are noticeable, and a tartness, and as would be assumed a certain 'oakyness'. The taste The front is tart/sour with traces of a underlying maltiness, the middle a bit of sweetness amongst the sour, light to medium in body, highly acidic and tingly, little carbonation, the finish is moderately dry, some hops noticed. My Opinion One damn fine beer, I've not sampled a great number of 'Red/Sour' beers, but I do like this beer. Trust me it was worth the wait.

kwoody (1) - - MAR 28, 2011 does not count
This is one of the best sour browns I’ve had. It has a lighter color but still has the hint of cherry and it really surprised me! Awesome!

gschrade (1099) - Collinsville, Illinois, USA - MAY 18, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. It has a sour taste which I love. This is really good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Manu912 (5) - BELGIUM - DEC 21, 2016 does not count
THE absolute numer one reference when it comes to sours beers. Beyond comparison!