overall
Style: Abbey Tripel
Harelbeke, Belgium

RATINGS: 887   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Bottle: Filtered
A strong, abbey-style ale, clean and complex.

Perm (151) - Tryon, North Carolina, USA - JUN 2, 2008
OK, I’m reviewing the "Petrus Gouden Tripel," the one with the nice subdued label that says, "The key to Heaven" on it. I’m assuming this is the same thing (???). It would be a shame if it isn’t, because the beer that I had was absolutely incredibly delicious. I’d love to have someone shed some light on this for me!

Appearance: Gold in liquid form. A lovely Belgian head.

Aroma: Graham crackers, straw, apples, bananas

Taste: Citrus tartness. Solid and excellent. Leaves me craving more.

Palate: Refreshing. Quenching. Alcohol content is WELL hidden.

Overall: What can I say? Wonderful. Great with lemon coconut macaroons. Great with anything at anytime (not really, but I find this stuff incredibly satisfying.)

Serving type: bottle

dwyerpg (6410) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - DEC 25, 2008
A light spicy aroma. A full beautiful head. Not a lot of spice to it, but an incredible smoothness that I am really enjoying. Fantastic.

eleusis (70) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 20, 2005
I’m really surprised the ratings are so low. I think it’s really fantastic... acid, dry, bitter, and sweet somewhat like candy flavor. mmmmmm

Cobra (1100) - - NOV 16, 2007
750 ml brown Belgian bottle. Corked and caged. Loud pop released the cork. 2007 batch. Poured out a hazy orangish / light yellow color, with a huge off white head. Served in a Petrus Tripel flute. Aromas are of Clementine fruit, yeast, some Belgian funk, sweet malts, some sugars. Flavors are peppery, spicy, slightly sweet, somewhat funky. Decent body and mouthfeel. Alcohol is well hidden. Spicy, peppery finish to it. Damn good triple overall.