overall
Brewed by Phillips Brewing Co.
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Victoria, Canada

RATINGS: 77   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

chillyf (1) - - AUG 11, 2017 does not count
Wasn't what I was expecting. I was looking for real ginger beer. Not a bad taste for a ginger flavoured beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bhensonb (15838) - Woodland, California, USA - SEP 1, 2016
Bomber from BC Liquor Store on Hastings, Vancouver, BC. Pours hazy dark gold with a slight white head. Woooh! The ginger aroma is strong and pleasing. Med body. The flavor is lightly burning ginger. Love ginger. So many people are afraid to put in a good amount of ginger. Phillips is brave indeed. Maybe it needs a bit more malt, but maybe not. It is ginger. Wish I had some sushi and wasabi to measure this stuff against/with. Any ginger beer lover should be pleased with this.

andrewje41 (4342) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - AUG 11, 2016
650 ml bottle poured. Clean golden pour with a consistent fizz head. No mystery on the main extra ingrediant here. Massive ginger, with a spicy kick. Flavor is an exact match, but a little spicier. A bit soapy, ginger, semi floral. I like the spice to this. Adds to the fun. I think I want some sushi now.

ryanhunter_4 (349) - Strathmore, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 3, 2016
650 ml bottle poured at Lars house in red deer. Pours amber with. Very little head. Smells strongly of ginger. Taste is the same with a slight bitter finish. Decent beer if you’re looking for something flavoured.

a_sully (457) - - FEB 20, 2016
Clear Amber body with almost no head. Aroma is sweet with subtle ginger tones. Taste is strong ginger. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

cards04 (2931) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 19, 2015
If you like ginger, buy this beer. Pours a dark golden. Aromas are all ginger. But you can tell they used the good stuff. I like this beer. And I think you have to like ginger to appreciate a beer like this. Very warm and tingly with persisting warmth. Fresh ginger everywhere. I wouldn’t buy a lot of this.. But it’s a nice change of pace.. As most novelty beers are.

northropfrye (3709) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 9, 2015
Ah, ginger beers, the perverted uncle of the beer world. This one is not the worst, the ginger is not as ridiculous as some of the other ones, but I just don’t like this style...at all.

Taxee (19) - - APR 18, 2015
Not sweet, not bitter. Strong ginger taste. Not hoppy. Mildly hot. Overall quite good if you like ginger ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

JohnDrinkwater (19) - - MAR 19, 2015
Big fan of this beer with a bite. But of course you have to like ginger. When I’m not drinking beer, I drink ginger ale, so this combo works well for me.

simonblaine (593) - Alberta, CANADA - JAN 31, 2015
Drank from bottle, arinaof ginger and beer, as you would expect. The taste is like ginger and beer, as you would expect. Has a little ginger burn finish, the best part is that it doesn’t taste fake like fruit/chocolate beers can.