overall
Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (Asahi)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3766   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

beergut111 (210) - Berlin, GERMANY - AUG 9, 2006
Way better than a typical lager. Hoppy flavour and very refrshing, although I dont think its as great as some make it out to be.

mkout (1) - Oulu, FINLAND - AUG 8, 2006 does not count
This is one of my absolute favourites. Also my first rating. Light golden colour, smooth flavor and aroma with lots of hops. Palate is easy and nice, nothing special. Especially tasty with a good steak!

thebaldwizard (1365) - Ohio, USA - AUG 7, 2006
A golden pour with a crisp white head that dissipates quickly. The aroma is rather dull--a little hops is all. The taste is clean and refreshing. Good hop flavor in this one. A great "crossover" beer for newbies.

BigBen2120 (687) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 4, 2006
Golden body with thin white head. Smells like not much, but the yeast and hops are present for sure. Tastes almost nothing like I thought. Kind of sweet and malty, but not all that strong. A nice little beer though. I’d definitely have it again, but I probably wouldn’t crave it or seek it out.

sheatripper (863) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - AUG 4, 2006
Gold with a fizzy head diminishing quickly. Initial skunky aroma gave way to hoppiness and straight-up grain with a bit of grass or hay. Flavor was lemony hops right up front becoming tangy/sweet grain malt with a bitter hop finish. Palate was a little watery, but overall a dependable Czech pils.

ARMed (625) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 3, 2006
Good flavor and poor appearance (too cloudy). Like the flavor much better than the typcial american beers.

Dedollewaitor (16544) - Odense, DENMARK - AUG 2, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2012 Golden see through with white head. Watery texture. Aroma of hops and malts. lively carbonation. Finish has a sour bitter bite from hops. My respects to Plzen, but this is mediocre. Rerating Aug. 09. Lots of grain and grassy hops. Dry and crisp. Simple , tasty and well balanced Bohemian pils.From 2,9 to 3,2.

altonbrownd (5897) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - AUG 1, 2006
This is one of my mainstream favorites, enjoyed recently on London trip in Chelsea, but have also drank in Praha. Very refreshing and not too strong. Clean.

SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JUL 30, 2006
Not my style of beer and I found it painfully mediocre. The little flavor that was there was truly pilsner and therefore too skunky for me.

CanadaCam (109) - CANADA - JUL 30, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2006 An excellent brew. A beer as smooth as they come. Leaves a nice lace on the inside of the glass; rich hoppy flavour. I’ve only had this beer out of the can, but I’d love to try it on draught.