overall
Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3815   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
hellomynameis (876) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - FEB 2, 2005
This was pretty good. the aroma was dominated with green apples. I don’t much care for the aenemic amber colour, but it did have a decent head with some nice lacing. Again with the hint of green apples in the flavour, some sweet(er) malt flavours finsihing with a bit of hops. No lingering aftertaste. Not my favourite style, but a good beer to drink cheaply and in mass.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
whiskeyfairy (27) - Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, USA - FEB 2, 2005
I personally enjoyed this beer. It had the pleasant aroma of a cider. It poured a light amber color with a little bit of orange and plenty of carbonation. The appearance enticed me. The after taste didn’t last too long but it ended with a fruit flavor. Body was a little thin. Overall it was the perfect beer to drink at a yuppy bar.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
scotty (1172) - SCOTLAND - JAN 31, 2005
330ml bottle,only 55p from my local Safeway!!! Deep golden head with a respectable thick white head. Absolutely bursting with attractive hoppy/fruity aromas,soft malt coming through in the background. A medium bodied brew, with an amazing array of complex flavours...malty& fruity...fantastic.There is a sweetish malty finish combined with a citrus hoppiness. It’s been a while since I tasted this as I felt it had lost some of it’s character, I may have been wrong then,but this has got me hooked again! Superb

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
nick76 (4387) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JAN 25, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2007 This is an OK beer. It has that European type of hops and malt in the flavor with a hint of toast in the aftertaste. The aroma has latex hops and corn flakes. The real disappointment was the head. I was expecting it to be Euro lager so not much else to tell.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ChrisPants (317) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JAN 23, 2005
Poured gorgeous gold with center-fold quality foam. Aroma of quasi-funky pils hops (I’m not a big hops guy), but I enjoyed the crisp palate and cool finish. Some lingering after-skunk, though that could have been my specific bottle. I may try it again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 23, 2005
Can. Decent beer. Obviously a great attempt at the style (HA!). a little thin unfortunately and a little metallic. I will try this in a bottle and re-rate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jimlintott (13) - CANADA - JAN 20, 2005
I poured a glass of this for a friend and upon tasting it he looked surprised and claimed that it tastes exactly how you would imagine beer should taste. Nice thick head. Clear and inviting with nice colour and aroma. Very enjoyable with a strong taste that finishes clean. Nice on its own or with food. Versatile brew that is a great one to give those who have never tasted anything but macros.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jus10cider82 (67) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - JAN 19, 2005
good looking golden color with a slightly tinted white one finger head nice flavor thats neither missing or overwhelming i will buy again

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
glider (57) - Shrub Oak, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2005
One of the best beers ever. I remember reading about this in 1979 and finally they started exporting it near me. Clear nice color, even crisper head. The flavor is bright, almost vibrant. Smooth as silk & as good as gold (as is the color)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 18, 2005
Once,I wanted to debate the relative merits of several beers with a friend, and he, being very wise, stopped me short, handed me a bottle of PU, sipped his deeply and set me straight with these few, sage words, "Quite simply the best beer in the world!" And I thank you for that, Ron, everyday.