Pizza Port Chronic Amber Ale (-2011)

overall
RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Our customers can’t get enough of this amber ale that was orginally brewed with hemp seeds, but tastes just as good without them.

austinpowers (2831) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 31, 2003
San Clemente: Delicious! Despite Pizza Port having other standout brews, this Carlsbad Chronic has to take the cake! It's absolutely addictive. Copper in the glass. Malty with a touch of bitterness. I could simply drink this all day long due to its slight sweetness. Hemp seeds, eh?

Eyedrinkale (3235) - Astoria, New York, USA - DEC 15, 2003
Like just about everything the brewery does, it kicks this ale up San Diego Style! Hopped up and smooth as silk. Lovin it!

scoobysnak (333) - Appleton, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 22, 2007
I really like this beer, somehow I feel it is better than the ratings it received, but what do I know. Had it with a slice of pizza, damn good.

burpfrank (299) - carpinteria, California, USA - AUG 5, 2006
this had a nice head.Color a pleasant amber.Aroma was somewhat fragrant.It tasted very smooth.I don’t usually care much for the light beers,but this was good.Got it on tap at the source!!

Nik925 (800) - USA - JUL 5, 2008
UPDATED: NOV 20, 2008 Great head good aroma. Super malt yet a bit of lager taste. The hops are really mellow, hiding behind a caramel malt flavor. Not perfect, but the highest score I have ever given to a beer with "lagery" in the description.

PhillyCraft (8195) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2011
On tap, pours a slightly hazy dark orange, almost light brown. Thin head, lacing was medium. Aromas of sweet and german malts, some citrus from the hop nugs. Taste is sweet, with balanced malt profiles dominating, lemongrass, pepper, caramel, woodiness finishes with a honey hop bite. Not the best amber ale but still sessionable and with a name like this you know it is gonna sell.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 6, 2002
Good beer. I think i like the pizza port better than the beer. It was good, for a hemp beer. I figured it would bbe too spicy, but it was a good mix.

twistedviews (75) - California, USA - SEP 13, 2009
on tap at pizza port san clemente up my street... golden with white head, reminds me of a fat tire.

davidflores99 (225) - Signal HIll, California, USA - NOV 4, 2004
Had this on tap at Najas Place. This wasn’t bad at all, very typical amber ale I guess, went down nice and smooth........I think I got high drinking this hehe.