overall

RATINGS: 196   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%

beerdedbastard (22) - Willoughby, Ohio, USA - DEC 8, 2002
This is a monster of a double IPA. I have had it on draft,a casked version and an "Iced" version as well.The huge hop aroma is evident through all as is the balancing malt character.But the huge alcohol of the iced batch was amazingly well hidden behind all that hop nose and wonderfull bitterness.Nice dry,citrus mouthfeel.It’s "da-BOMB"! Da HOP bomb!!

magicbill (19) - Indiana, USA - MAR 20, 2006
12 OZ bottle from John B. from San Diego who is not in rate beer but should be He really knows his beer. Poured cloudy golden color with almost no head. The flavor became more intense as it warmed up. Grapefruit and citrus dominate the taste with hints of plum, grape and carmel. Wish I had bought more when in S.D. This is in the upper ranks of IPA’s,

LostHops287 (18) - California, USA - MAY 23, 2012
I know way past its prime. All hops nose is gone. Just big malty back bone. But I can still taste how great this beer was when it was fresh. I’m sure amazing.

TombRaider22 (8) - USA - FEB 22, 2004 does not count
it tasted like a blend of apple & orange it was really zingy and it looked like apple jiuce

SteelReserve (2) - Nesconset, New York, USA - AUG 3, 2005 does not count
Cream soda color. Strong alcohol at the end, gin taste. Good grapefruit flovor and aroma.

jimmyduck (1) - USA - NOV 17, 2005 does not count
What’s not to like about this beer? Well, according to the bartender at Pizza Port Carlsbad, the Brewer (Frank?) is gone and so is Frank IPA. Damn, I wish I would have bought 3 or 4 cases instead of 1 last month. Hopefully, we’ll get some information on where this guy goes with his recipe. Stone or Alesmith perhaps?