overall
RATINGS: 398   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Point Cascade Pale Ale is handcrafted combining special top-fermenting yeast and a dry hopping process to create this truly classic American Pale Ale. The intriguing character is derived from generous quantities of the choicest Yakima Valley Cascade hops and the finest crystal, 2 row pale, and Munich malts. The result is a delicious American Pale Ale with a signature fragrant hop bouquet and soft malt palate.

jcp23 (55) - Duluth, Georgia, USA - FEB 27, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2007 All I can say is that I liked this beer. Medium golden clear pour with a decent and quickly dissipating head. No lacing. Nice fragrant hop aroma. Flavor was straight-forward tasty hops, with a moderately light and very easy drinking, clean palate. Nothing offensive or out of whack here, just pure drinking enjoyment. I could definitely see this as a good "gateway" beer for those just beginning to venture into craft beers, as well as being satisfying to more experienced quaffers who can still appreciate and enjoy simple pleasures. Cheers to the Russian Mafia for supplying this little shiner.

crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - FEB 23, 2007
Beer lacks a bit of aroma hops that I like in this particuar style so it rates kind of low there. And, as Pale Ale’s go, it’s definately a "beginners" model. It’s not as hoppy as a traditional Pale Ale which I believe will make it more broadly accepted among the "light lager" crowd. I agree with BeerBelcher, it’s similar to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but to me nowhere near as hoppy. And hey, I enjoyed this beer "On Site". Wausau / Stevens Point Airport awaiting my flight back to Saginaw via Detroit.

BeerBelcher (972) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 20, 2007
This beer struck me as a very ordinary, yet very drinkable APA with some Cascade hop character. Appearance is an attractive sparkling beer with white head and a red body. Aroma was lightly of Cascade hops. Flavor is medium bodied (about as potent bitterness-wise as a Sierra Nevada), with a pretty good balance of malt and sweet hop character. Mouthfeel is a bit thin, but not bad. I think this beer is extremely drinkable; I could have 4-5 more of these.

AcousticBrews (1) - USA - JAN 9, 2007 does not count
I found the head to be nice but disappears very quickly. It was only a mild bitterness and I think it could have been stronger for my liking. It was a very bright copper body. I also found the texture a little thin. If it find of funny but I grew up in Wausau, WI and that is about 30 minutes from Steven’s Point. Point beer was find of the joke of the beers then. But I young and not much of a drinker at the time.

drunkenbum84 (73) - kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 5, 2007
Yet another fine beer from the stevens point brewery. Nice hoppiness to it and nice aroma and color as well

hopdog (12510) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2006
12oz bottle acquired in trade with brewblackhole (thanks!). Poured a lighter and clear orange / amber color with a larger sized off white head. Aromas of citrus, caramel, and lightly floral. Tastes of caramel, toasted malts, and citrus. Thinner body.

DJC (238) - USA - DEC 29, 2006
Bright, light copper/amber body, with a very thin, almost completely disappearing head. No lacing. Majority of the aroma was malt, but there were some citrus notes in the background. Quite balanced flavor profile; too bad, because I would have liked more hops. There is a nice, mild bitterness in the aftertaste, though. The more sips I had of this beer, the better it got; however, it definitely peaked at a (3.3).

bigboob (9) - Greensburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 16, 2006 does not count
This bottle was part of a variety pack purchased. The others in the sampler were crap, but this pale ale was very good. Poured with a nice head that disappeared rather quickly. Nice hoppy aroma. Tasting presented a crisp start with lively carbination.With a light body, a thin mouth feel was inevitable. An excellent finish, in my opinion. Just the right bitterness was present. Overall, a decent American Pale Ale, and the only beer from this brewery that is drinkable.

TechMyst (167) - Fox River Grove, Illinois, USA - NOV 23, 2006
PURCHASED @: Binny
COST: $10/12pack!
HEAD: Minimal
LACE: none
COLOR: yellow, w/ tinge of copper
AROMA: sweet floral hop
MOUTHFEEL: medium/ slight foam
PALATE: slick / oily
TASTE: Point is well made
COMMENTS: Better than expected, decent PA, highly hopped
CONDITIONS:
MOWING/WORKING ON CAR- m
WITH FRIENDS- y
SIPPING- y
GET MY BUZZ ON-y
Will I revisit this brew? Yes!

tomciccateri (1034) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - NOV 9, 2006
12-ounce brown bottle poured a dense dark amber color with a slight white head. Both hops and caramel malt in the aroma. Light-to-medium body. A bit thin on the mouthfeel but OKAY. Hoppy flavor with underlying maltiness. A bit "contrasty" between the hops and the malt but over time they go down together OKAY. Hop bitterness lingers into the finish. Carbonation becomes noticable after a while. The components are all ther but the synergy isn’t. Maybe too one-dimentional.