overall
RATINGS: 270   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.47/5   EST. CALORIES: 140   ABV: 4.66%
Point Special is a well-balanced, full-bodied premium beer. This award-winning pilsner-style lager is highly praised for its pleasant hop aroma and smooth, hearty flavor.

pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - APR 5, 2002
I think it is a very good beer it's taste is along the lines of a Falstaff,a Burger Classic and a Drommond Bros.I like it.

jezmez68 (404) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - MAR 14, 2002
Point Special isn't really anything special. Like Leinenkugel's it's just a decent 'beer' beer. It's brewed in Wisconsin, the best beer brewing state in the nation, so what are you gonna do?

HammsBear99 (22) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 8, 2002
This is one smooth beer! Point often doens't receive the respect it should. I don't know too many people who have tried Point Special who don't like it.

greystreet80 (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAR 4, 2002
A very average tasting beer. It's not quite as hearty as they think, but it is not too shabby.

pointbeer99 (3) - USA - FEB 26, 2002 does not count
Okay, I'm a college student from UW-Steven's Point, so I pretty much have to love this beer. Hey, it tastes alright, and is served at most parties. Bottom line. . it gets the job done.

adsti3 (29) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 15, 2002
Just a good standard lager, a little overpriced in some places for the quality, but good tasting.

kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 11, 2002
Another beer that should only be drank so not to offend grandpa.............

LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Oh why can't I get this stuff in Ohio? Okay, so I like Point, and i like Rolling Rock. I am from the Midwest, bit I'm not a packer fan. that said, this is a beer that I probably remember being better than it actually is. Anyone want to mail me a six-pack so I can rewrite my opinion?

lagerman99 (66) - USA - JAN 8, 2002
This beer represents midwestern stereotypes - bland, banal, corn fed and ambitious as a day on the couch. But it does all this honestly, without pretension.

muzzlehatch (4969) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 15, 2001
Ok, this is an above-average American standard/Pils type beer from an above-average medium sized regional brewery. It is NOT deserving of some of the accolades you loyal Wisconsinites are showering on it; far more worthy are Lakefront's Klisch and New Glarus' Edel-Pils. Just because it's from Packer country, better than Busch, and cheap, doesn't mean it's great beer! A bit fresher and wheatier than most, but come on!