overall
RATINGS: 270   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.47/5   EST. CALORIES: 140   ABV: 4.66%
Point Special is a well-balanced, full-bodied premium beer. This award-winning pilsner-style lager is highly praised for its pleasant hop aroma and smooth, hearty flavor.

umich03jm (3512) - Flat Rock, Michigan, USA - JAN 29, 2013
Bottle from trade with Crajun. Pours slightly cloudy, pale yellow, with a small head that fades quickly. Aroma is nice, pale malt, honey, grass, and even a touch a fruit or red berries. Taste is a bit sweet though. Slightly artificial sweetness but not bad. Very grassy, lots of honey, light fruitiness. I would really like this if it wasn’t too sweet. Overall, still a well above average pale lager.

vilevile86 (1) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 31, 2012 does not count
Light enough for smooth drinking but enough bite to know your drinking a decent American lager. Straight forward

ContemplateBeer (2097) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - DEC 26, 2012
Aroma of lemongrass, light floral hops and pear. Appearance is hazy gold with light white head. Flavor of honey/lemongrass up front with minimal sweetness for the style, light floral hops throughout, and a slightly toasty, clean finish. The beer is light bodied but well carbonated and soft on the palate. Very well done for the style.

blipp (9691) - La Mesa, California, USA - OCT 22, 2012
Bottle. Pours gold with a white head. Grainy and relatively clean, with a light sweetness and very low hoppy bitterness. Not bad.

Robbievegas (469) - Las vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 9, 2012
I picked this up in the bottle from Total Wine in Henderson, NV. Not too much going on here, in a blind taste test I might think this was bud or miller. A decent American style pilsner/lager drink it when the mountains turn blue. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

esoxangler (101) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 26, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 25, 2012 bread like aroma, just a normal beer to me. Great alternative to pabst, high life and other plain, boring american lagers when you just want to buy a case

Onenote81 (1002) - Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA - SEP 13, 2012
12oz bottle poured into a small stemmed pilsner glass. Pours a honey-gold, with a big, frothy, white head on top. Great retention. Mild citrus, dry grains, smack of lemon the finish. Crisp, clean mouth feel wets the palate. Not too slick. Really fresh beer. I love the flavor on this one! Fresh crisp bitterness, lemon, lime rind, grassy notes - really a "green" beer. I like this one a lot. This is an adjunct? For reals? I thought this had a lot of pilsner character with the sharp pale citrus, hop presence, and crisp feel. If this is an adjunct, this is one of the best out there. I would stock and restock the fridge with this beer. I’ll be getting this one again when I’m back in WI.

ads135 (5010) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 6, 2012
I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a disparity between a beer’s style and overall ratings. I suppose I see why considering the competition. For an easily drinkable American light lager, I would choose this over Bud and the like any day. That said, you can find better lagers with less stale bread aroma and a sharper and more interesting hop palate.

dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2012
was not skunky trying to put an aroma to it, which tells me very plain, in bottle, nothing makes this stand out either good or bad, thin feel, light body, average carbonation, maybe the next one will improve

GnarlyGnome (1353) - Fairfield, Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2012
nothing "special" about this one. it’s not bad, but I wouldn’t call it good either. Just a middle of the road, lager. It’s beer, but it’s not wonderful.