RATINGS: 1492   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   IBU: 78   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
With 78 IBUs. Our version of a West Coast IPA- brewed in the San Diego style. This massively hoppy beer gets its flavor and attitude from no less than five hop varieties including Amarillo, Centennial, Cascade, Simcoe and Summit.

drawde (115) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 5, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2007 Golden butterscotch and clear. I’ve come to appreciate this one big time. For a straight IPA, it’s exceptionally smooth and warm on the palate--I typically only find that in double IPAs that have more alcohol to work with. That said, it has a vicious hop sting to it that I love. [compared next to Bear Republic Racer 5] I’m still a bit caveman in my ability to distinguish tastses, but the Racer 5 tastes more piney to me; the Wipeout I think has a kiss of peach. Tough call, but I think right now I like the Wipeout a touch more.

mreusch (851) - Olathe, Kansas, USA - AUG 2, 2007
Bomber, pours a lightly cloudy orange color, good sized off-white head and moderate lacing. More subtle but pleasing aroma of pine, grass and light floral. Flavor has a good hops bite that lingers, and only a slight maltiness to temper it. A well done IPA, and one I plan to add to my regular rotation!

1FastSTi (3360) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 1, 2007
Pours to a clean orange body with a very nice white head and super awesome lacing. The aroma is bitter grassy hops but not much else. The flavor is grassy bitter hops and pale malts. Quite malty for an IPA. The palate is resiny and bitter. This beer is highly over-rated and doesn’t remind me of when I was in San Diego at all.

Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - JUL 30, 2007
Bomber. Hazy gold with a white head. Grapefruit and pine nose, malt seems to be an afterthought. Very bitter grapefruit rind flavor, just a hint of sweet malt. Nice!

OldGrowth (3474) - the Containment Area, North Carolina, USA - JUL 30, 2007
bottle, from trade with whaleman. Good aroma, bittersweet. Usual suspects. Pine, citrus, orange, grapefruit. Little toasty. Golden orange color, big head, though I poured too fast and half the glass was foam. Good lacing. Bittersweet flavor, Grapefruit & lemon mainly with other parts that I got in the aroma in the background. Medium body, creamy mouthfeel, bitter dry finish.Itwas good, mouthfeel was great. Like alot of ipa’s for me lately the aroma was more enjoyable than the flavor. Well done overall.

cbeers21 (693) - Miami, Florida, USA - JUL 30, 2007
Clear copper with nice head and decent lacing. Piney floral hops are obvious on the nose, as well as subtle aromas of citrus, and roasted sugars. Floral hoppy to taste, an intriguing hop presence, with lingering echoes of citrus spice and ever-so-lightly toasted malts. A nicely bodied IPA, and a fine brew.

rayg1 (593) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 29, 2007
This was a bottle that Ross decided to whip out. Thanks a bunch! Pours out orange with a nice lasting white head. I can already tell this stuff is gonna be good from the aroma alone as it was poured. Sweet smelling grapefruit and lemons with a hint of sugar and pine. Taste is great and reminded me of a hoppier Two Hearted as grapefruit, pine, and grassy notes all mix well in this beer. Very smooth drinker, this one. Excellent stuff.

ross (2146) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JUL 29, 2007
Bottle from Hitime - thanks! Pours out a bright orange color with a white head on it. Smell is pure hops, some citrus, some grapefruit, and some orange notes. Taste is fruity and bitter hops. Smooth, and very easy to drink. Perhaps the replacement for two hearted, if it was that readily avaliable to me. Really nice stuff.

VikingHammer (506) - Lynnfield, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 28, 2007
Nice murky orange pour with a fluffy white head. Citrus and pine hop aroma. Big hop flavor that coats the mouth. Dry finish. Good IPA.

RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 26, 2007
The nose is full of apricot and herbs, with a hint of candied pineapple. Flavor has a firm backbone of herbal hop bitterness. Nice.