RATINGS: 1473   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   IBU: 78   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
With 78 IBUs. Our version of a West Coast IPA- brewed in the San Diego style. This massively hoppy beer gets its flavor and attitude from no less than five hop varieties including Amarillo, Centennial, Cascade, Simcoe and Summit.

ukoolaid (580) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 8, 2007
Bottle. Pours a orangy golden color with foamy white head. Aroma is citrus hops and sweet malts. Flavor is piney/floral hops with a decent malt balance. Good stuff.

hopscotch (11411) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 8, 2007
Bottle… Mostly clear orange ale with a mid-sized, fizzy, white head. Good retention. The aroma shows a generous helping of caramel malt beaten down by a potpourri of intensely bitter, West Coast hops. Grapefruit, pine and cat piss hops unite to form a tropical, mango-type nose. Bone-dry, attenuated flavor and mouthfeel with a moderate dose of alcohol and heavy bitterness. Medium to full-bodied with lively carbonation. Leaves my palate devoid of moisture. Cheers to growler for sharing!

00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - AUG 7, 2007
Pours out a nice coppery color with a large head. aroma is very hoppy and floral. Flavor is superb. Has a big smack of hops and grapefruit. Oh man this thing is wonderful.

Papsoe (25054) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - AUG 7, 2007
(Bottle 65 cl) Courtesy of markgugs. Pours a slightly hazy dark golden with a small, off-white head leaving some laces. Fresh grapefruit notes in the nose. Medium-bodied with a light, underlying malt sweetness, but otherwise completely dominated by a distinct grapefruitish bitterness. A bit soapy. A fresh west coast IPA but also solidly bitter. 050807

jrob21 (3874) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - AUG 5, 2007
Cloudy orange color with a decent white head with some sticky lacing. Big hoppy flavors and aromas. Grapefruit flavors predominate. A nice malty smooth complexion to give this one some backbone. Bordering on a double ipa for me. You are left with some sweetness. Glad I smuggled this one back from SD so I could finally try it.

drawde (115) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 5, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2007 Golden butterscotch and clear. I’ve come to appreciate this one big time. For a straight IPA, it’s exceptionally smooth and warm on the palate--I typically only find that in double IPAs that have more alcohol to work with. That said, it has a vicious hop sting to it that I love. [compared next to Bear Republic Racer 5] I’m still a bit caveman in my ability to distinguish tastses, but the Racer 5 tastes more piney to me; the Wipeout I think has a kiss of peach. Tough call, but I think right now I like the Wipeout a touch more.

mreusch (858) - Olathe, Kansas, USA - AUG 2, 2007
Bomber, pours a lightly cloudy orange color, good sized off-white head and moderate lacing. More subtle but pleasing aroma of pine, grass and light floral. Flavor has a good hops bite that lingers, and only a slight maltiness to temper it. A well done IPA, and one I plan to add to my regular rotation!

1FastSTi (3358) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 1, 2007
Pours to a clean orange body with a very nice white head and super awesome lacing. The aroma is bitter grassy hops but not much else. The flavor is grassy bitter hops and pale malts. Quite malty for an IPA. The palate is resiny and bitter. This beer is highly over-rated and doesn’t remind me of when I was in San Diego at all.

Immy (1958) - Virginia Beach, USA - JUL 30, 2007
Bomber. Hazy gold with a white head. Grapefruit and pine nose, malt seems to be an afterthought. Very bitter grapefruit rind flavor, just a hint of sweet malt. Nice!

OldGrowth (3665) - the Containment Area, North Carolina, USA - JUL 30, 2007
bottle, from trade with whaleman. Good aroma, bittersweet. Usual suspects. Pine, citrus, orange, grapefruit. Little toasty. Golden orange color, big head, though I poured too fast and half the glass was foam. Good lacing. Bittersweet flavor, Grapefruit & lemon mainly with other parts that I got in the aroma in the background. Medium body, creamy mouthfeel, bitter dry finish.Itwas good, mouthfeel was great. Like alot of ipa’s for me lately the aroma was more enjoyable than the flavor. Well done overall.