Portside 216 Dry Hopped Session Ale

overall
Formerly brewed at Portside
Style: American Pale Ale
Cleveland, Ohio USA

RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 3.27/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Portside’s “216” is named after the area code for Cleveland, OH. Our session ale is an easy drinking beer designed to enjoy at your local pub with friends and family. We dry hopped this session ale with a generous amount of Cascade hops to deliver a great hop finish in the Portside tradition.

FROTHINGSLOSH (8142) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2017
Sampled on draft at the brewpub this beer poured a bronze color with a medium sized creamy white head that left good lacing. The aroma was tart and bitter with lemon, citric acid and a bit of pine. The flavor was bitter, tart and tangy with a bit of butter then citrus and pine. Long finish. Medium body. Not good.

dankman (257) - Somewhere in, Ohio, USA - AUG 12, 2016
First serious rate in years, only because a friend asked for it (seriously, Johnny is my homey), I am following through. The nose is typical of your regular pale ale, but it was a bit too malty and kind of weak. I think the hazy copper look is good for this beer. I don’t dislike the flavors I find in this beer but I’m far from in love, hop heavy and some malty sweetness; but, it isn’t balanced all that well. The finish is a bit sticky and not a friendly bitter. I won’t turn this beer down, I won’t grab a 6 pack on my way to a party either.

ryecatcher (1466) - Bridgeport, Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 29, 2015
12 oz Bottle. Picked up a variety pack at Giant Eagle on my way back to Chicago the other day. Pours a hazy burnt orangey-gold, big frothy slightly off-white head with ridiculous retention and lacing. Nose is light pine and grass. Mouth is medium bodied, lots of fruit -- peaches are the first thing I’m getting -- faint pineapple, pears, golden raisins, then toasted bread. Very light bitterness. I could down a pitcher of this stuff. Nice and sessionable. Cleveland fuckin ROCKS!!

trapped (3599) - New York, TURKEY - SEP 12, 2015
Bottle thanks to Jsquire. Pours cloudy dark orange with large foamy off-white head, light floral hops aroma, low carbonation, balanced sweetish floral hoppy taste, mellow palate, medium malty finish. Nice and smooth, very easy to drink.

Finhead (1814) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - SEP 1, 2015
A hazy, yellow-orange with a white head. It has a mild citrus hop aroma. The body is medium with oily texture, lively carbonation, and a bittersweet taste.

sturmthis (1195) - Bavaria, GERMANY - JUL 29, 2015
On tap. Amber color with one finger head. Tropical fruit aroma. Much less in the taste, more pine and bitterness.

jsquire (4599) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2015
Portside has started bottling this beer, and the label says "Centennial hops". Light amber color with a short lived white head. This beer struck me as mostly malty. Caramel and bread crust nose with some yeast notes. Big caramel malt taste up front with a yeasty bread dough and earthy bitterness in the follow through. I don’t get much citrus hop in this. The finish does have a bit of grassy bitterness to it. Not bad at all, but not the dry hopped pale ale I had hoped for.

Nephilium (1821) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - JAN 28, 2015
Nice citrus and pine aroma, pours a clear amber with a thin white head. Just a touch of caramel sweetness, fading to a crisp, slightly bitter finish. Fairly light bodied, with a nice crisp flavor. A nice easy drinking APA.

djd07 (15543) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 22, 2015
Bottle thanks to George. Pours a cloudy orange with small off white head that lasts. The aroma is citrus and cascade. Medium mouth, citrus, light bitterness, good.

Dogbrick (13759) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 4, 2013
Sample at Woodland’s Tavern. The beer is a clear orange color with a medium thin white head that dissipates quickly to an outer ring. Short strings of lacing on the glass. Aroma of hops, citrus and malt. Light-bodied with flavors of grassy hops, grainy malt and citrus. The finish is mildly bitter with a short hoppy aftertaste. Slightly above average overall.