overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 3.19/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 11   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
An American phenomenon, our version of this brew incorporates 200 lbs of Maine blueberries into a unique medium-bodied ale.

MALT VARIETIES
Silo 2-Row, British Pale, CaraHell, Caramel 30, Honey Malt
HOP VARIETIES
Saphir, Cascade

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
OldRaspy (292) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - AUG 26, 2008
On tap at the brewpub. Color was a light brown with a purple tint and a small tan head with several buleberries floating in the pint. Aroma was a slightly sweet malt with blueberry undertones.Flavor was initially sweet malt followed by a sight hop bitterness with the sweet blueberry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Pastor (799) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - JUL 11, 2008
I drank two of these today nothing else at the brewery. It arrived in my Imperial pint club glass with a hand full of big blueberries bouncing up and down. The body color on this was fantastic, bright and clear blueberry juice color toped of with a small off white head Smells like fresh blueberries and being a Mainer I think I can say that with authority. Along with 120 pounds of the berries into 7 bbl of beer that is what Id expect Now for the taste I had one of these after drinking a pint of DIPA yesterday and I thought it might be a bit sweeter than the last batch (should have realized anything after a 100 IBU beer would be sweet) Tod even brought up the brew sheet to prove it was the same. Today it was a different story that is all I drank so I will say it has the typical sweet blueberry flavor. I know some is from the malts. In the end there is a slight bitterness as well not from the hops but from the blueberries themselves IMHO The brew drinks light and crisp in the mouthfeel. Good carbonation watched the blueberries bounce up and down for a while. I had two of these today and I would have had a third but at 5% and it being a nice day. The downtown crawling was with Portsmouth finest I settled on two. The paper on the bar in front of me had an article how the upped the DWI patrols. A good blueberry beer one of the best I have had so far. I even got my wife to drink it and she thought it was better than Kate

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
rman18 (312) - Caldwell, New Jersey, USA - APR 29, 2008
I had this in the summer of 05 - This was a good blueberry beer. WOnderful aroma and strong blueberry taste. The palate isnt the best but gets the job done. Much like all fruity beers you cant drink too many of these.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
BeerandBlues2 (12477) - Escondido, California, USA - OCT 16, 2007
GABF 07. Pours clear amber with an average, fizzy, off-white head, lasting with fair lacing. Aroma is average malt (hay, straw), light hops (grass), light yeast (earth) with notes of blueberry. Light bodied, thin texture, average carbonation, and a bitter finish. Average duration, light sweetness, acidity, and bitterness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
WeeHeavySD (3383) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 10, 2007
2nd of my 10 tasting flight @ Portsmouth. Wouldnt call this retired as it is available in both bottles and on tap at the brewery as of mid august. Pours slightly red with a lil ring of bright white head. Nose has a little bit of fruit. Taste is sweet and muddy, overall not so great.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 22, 2003
Light purpel with pink undertones,creamy white head.Aroma of musty blueberries.Fruity,starts slightly sweet and finishes dry.