overall
RATINGS: 1076   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle; Filtered.
Post Road Pumpkin Ale is a revival of a beer brewed by the early American colonists. Pumpkins were plentiful, flavorful and nutritious and they blended nicely with barley malt. Hundreds of pumpkins are blended into each batch of Post Road Pumpkin Ale, creating a beer with an orange amber color, warm pumpkin aroma, biscuity malt center and crisp finish. Post Road Pumpkin Ale is spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.

kp (10882) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Date: 11/03/2005
Mode: Bottle
Source: Ale Atlanta

clear dark yellow, thin head, sweet cinnamon aroma, thin body, sweet malt flavor, nice touch of spices with cinnamon being the dominant player, slight bitterness from the spices in the finish,

Aroma: 7/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 6/10; Palate: 4/10; Overall: 12/20
Rating: 3/5.0
Drinkability: 7/10
Score: *4

CheersMate (1343) - Portland (Sellhood), Oregon, USA - AUG 31, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2007 I enjoy the smell of this pumpkin ale! It is very aromatic. I actually smelled the beer without having to put my nose up to it. I can smell the sweet nutmeg and cinnamon. I also smell the sweet smell of autumn pumpkins in the beer! What a relaxing aroma considering, fall and winter are my favorite seasons. As the beer warms the cinnamon really starts to pop, and the spicy characters really come out at your nose. A nice amberish/orange color. The beer is transparent, and looks decent. I must comment on the head. The head has yet to fade away. I have not tried my beer but the head is nice and creamy looking, and is just very thin and sits on the top of my beer. The cinnamon flavors come through at the beginning and mix in with the pumpkin flavor, but the beer should be creamier and thicker if you ask me. Why is this beer so thin. I feel that it needs a body to carry along that great spice and pumpking aroma. A thin pilsner and/or lager palate. The spices don’t touch my tongue as I though they would they hit the very back of my throat. The beer is just way too thin to have this great aroma and flavor move around your mouth. Great aroma, appearance, but the flavor and palate are directly related in this beer, and unfortunately they both didn’t meet up to par. I enjoy this pumpkin ale, but a time try is good enough for me.

cheap (5962) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 31, 2007
I think this is my first road post. Flighty airy spice aroma. Light iced tea look. Creamy off white head. Good carbonation. Building processed metallic industrial bitterness on the back of the palate. Veggie and spice flavorers make this unique beer feel quite malty.

crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - AUG 29, 2007
Copper pour, medium white head. Aromai s pumpkin. Flavor is all subtle, pumpkin, nutmeg and ginger. Some caramel, hops and biscuits. A little thin but the taste is good.

LinusStick (3484) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 28, 2007
Not the best tasting pumpkin ale, but man that aroma brought it up to the head of the pack. If I had a clogged nose, Weyerbacher would be king, but this aroma is so tense. Strong pumpkin, nutmeg and a (dare I say) a plethora of spice? Pour was typical...nice light amber with a thin white ring for a head. Taste was very pumpkinny but more vegetably than the others. Tastes like a bunch of vegetables blended together and mixed with the sweet elixir that beer is. Very good.

afterglow (1047) - Florida, USA - AUG 25, 2007
Bottle. Pours a clear copper with a one finger off-white head that lasts leaving good lacing. Aroma of pumpkins, and pumpkin spice. Taste is the same as aroma with a light bready character. Thin mouthfeel with a mild amount of bitterness. A good pumpkin ale but it needs a little more malt sweetness to balance out the pumpkin and spices.

hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - AUG 24, 2007
I was really looking forward to this (my first pumpkin of the season), and was really disappointed. Little flavor of any kind...some cinnamon and spicyness, but not much. Look elsewhere for Pumpkin.

emobassfoo (178) - Webster, New York, USA - AUG 22, 2007
Rated while drinking: Pours a light-hued golden orange color with a fluffy off-white head. Lots of bubbles too. Smells of (surprise) pumpkins, sweet spices (lots of cinnamon) and not too much else. Pleasant aroma though. Taste is cold pumpkin pie. Spices are as prevalent in the nose as on the tongue. Clean, fresh taste as well. Aftertaste makes you want to take another sip. Tasty nonetheless. Smooth on the palate, a little carbonation and very easy to drink. But I find myself sipping this beer because its too tasty not to. I have an affinity for these pumpkin brews, and especially with the seasons changing, I find myself getting very very excited about autumn and winter seasonals. This beer got me that much more excited.

3fourths (9351) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - AUG 20, 2007
I love fall beer. Medium dark brown rusty colored body. Nose of semi-sweet, pulpy pumpkin, with light hints of cinnamon and apples. Wet and slippery up front, then a little brash, then generally unsweet lightly pasty across the back. Flavor is best described as pumpkin-infused cardboard, since the pumpkin characteristics, while easily noticed, lack vibrancy, lack depth, and lack fullness. Comes across as plain and simple, almost like a poorly constructed brown ale with a moderately hint of pumpkin flavor. Could benefit from some brown sugar yeast flavors and a little sweetness. I’m complaining a lot only because it wasn’t spectacular, and in all honesty I enjoyed drinking this since I’m generally a big fan of pumpkin beer.

Speedle (266) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - AUG 19, 2007
clear light amber with a medium white head...aroma of spice, cinammon and malts...semi sweet pumpkins and nutmeg...thin mouthfeel...plain finish...interesting beer...cloves, nutmeg, caramel and bisquits...like a beer version of pumpkin pie....I love pumpkin pie and I realy enjoyed this beer...more of a novelty for me than a regular