overall
RATINGS: 84   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A smooth English Style Ale boasting the complex flavors of roasted caramel malts perfectly balanced with Golding Hops.

StoutBeerReviews (257) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 6, 2017
light Musty kind of funky aroma, nice full body, long lasting flavor. a little chalky, toasty and bready with a sort of west coast hop taste. I donno but i like this quite a bit.

ShinyChariot (5) - - AUG 24, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2017 Delicious and always one of my favorite beers to drink. Nice little bitter taste and hits you with that little bite you need out of an amber ale. Always a good choice

MaltOne (399) - Wisconsin, USA - JUL 8, 2017
Pours slightly hazy pale chestnut, very little head. Aroma is bready and sweet. Taste is sweet, slightly toasty, a little caramel and ginger, a hint of hop dryness. Palate is medium body. Overall a simple session amber, pleasant.

lukeberg (1) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 17, 2017 does not count
Tried and true one of my favorites. Smooth English Style Ale boasting the complex flavors of roasted caramel malts perfectly balanced with Golding Hops

JasonKnill (7) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 1, 2017 does not count
I don’t find amber ales too often and this one is a fresh amber ale. I get toasty carmelle and a taste that says Midwestern Amber. Ale

edgallow (4566) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 29, 2016
12 oz bottle pours amber with a white head. Aroma and taste of caramel and pine

Akirschbaum (18) - Glen Haven, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 21, 2016
One of my favorite Potosi beers. Darker beer with a surprisingly great taste. This is my go to beer for Potosi on tap.

HopsGuru6 (13) - - NOV 27, 2016
Aroma: caramel, roasty, citrus.
Appearance: amber.
Taste: light sweetness, lightly bitter.

This is one of my favorite amber or English style ales. It smells so delightful! Very complex and flavorful, while being pleasantly refreshing.

MaltMeister5 (2) - - NOV 17, 2016 does not count
A taste that is a caramel malt beer. Different look to bottle. love the label.

DraftGuide5 (4) - Hazel Green, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 17, 2016 does not count
Potosi Cave Ale is a darker beer, I?m not a big fan of dark beer but this is one of my favorites