RATINGS: 138   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Using the original ingredients from when it was first brewed in 1897, we took the liquid back to its roots and made a highly sessionable everyday beer. \Bottled version brewed by the Miller plant in Irvindale, CA for the Primo Malting & Brewing Company (Pabst).
Draft version brewed by the Keoki Brewing Company on Hawaii.

Made with Pure Island Cane. First brewed in 1897.

1.4
jhliesen (832) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 26, 2011
Bottle: Yellow light orange color with a medium, fizzy heads that doesn’t last. Corn aroma and corn tasting. Has that frosted flake aftertaste. Typical lightweight lager. Produce place 0.99

0.9
Hopper (827) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - MAR 15, 2010
A yellow beer with a small fading head. The aroma is corny and offensive as is the taste. I was offended when I drank this beer and was even more offended when I found out who brews it when I got back home from Hawaii.

Drjohnrock (805) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 5, 2010
22 ounce bottle from Safeway in Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. Medium golden color, grainy aroma reminiscent of old time regional lagers, very foamy slighty off-white head, sweet flavor with slight soapiness, not much trace of hops. I broke my boycott of all beers brewed by Miller to try this beer and I don’t know if it really was worth it. Not unpleasant but nothing to attract a retry. Unfortunately, I didn’t encounter the draft version (which apparently isn’t made at a Miller plant) during my Hawaiian vacation. If I’m lucky enough to go back someday and can find the draft version, I’ll revisit this rating.

0.7
Nik925 (795) - USA - AUG 9, 2011
This looked pretty good, esp. for a lager. Optimistic that a this was a Pabst sugar-cane lager. Horrible. I can’t be certain that the palate was a 1 as it was hard to get over the bad taste. Got it at an island grocery so figured it was somewhat fresh. ’Refreshing on a beach’...blah blah...drink some water to hydrate yourself if you are thirsty and then get a good beer and watch the sunset.

Ronritter (729) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 23, 2016
Cut and paste all these mass produced beers would have a hard time telling any of them apart

1.1
Gypsy19 (726) - California, USA - MAY 18, 2009
Pours a typical pale lager yellow with a large fluffy head. This, as one would expect, is repackaged MGD. Weak flavor, metallic aroma. Mouthfeel is dead and watery. Nothing good or special about this whatsoever, except maybe for the nice packaging scheme. Overall, poor.

paintedmaple (671) - People’s Republic of Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JUN 17, 2013
22oz bottle...OK, site and setting were everything (chugged it out of the bottle on the balcony of our room in Kauai over looking the sparkling blue Pacific). Enjoyed it thoroughly and was very satisfied with this not-really-from-Hawaii Hawaiian beer. Back in Michigan this undoubtedly would not fair so well...

jimmack34 (640) - Lancaster, Ohio, USA - JUL 28, 2009
12oz bottle thanks to my bro out in Cali. Pours a nice gold color with a nice thick and persistant head. Smells of corn malt and grain. Tastes like fermented corn, a lil grass, and nice dense body. Aftertaste is semi-sweet. Not bad.

Westkyoto77 (635) - Kyoto, JAPAN - MAY 31, 2013
Bottle. Slightly darker golden than most lagers, sweetish wooly head. Grassy, sweet, not much depth, but surprisingly drinkable. Kind of a distinct flavour which I’d probably get sick of, but as an end-of-week beer with my Japanese curry it hit the spot.

petewhitley (566) - Nagoya, JAPAN - NOV 17, 2013
~This review was made some time ago via another application, and thus the specific details (beyond numerical scores) are no longer available~