overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1359   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
This is Royal Barvarian Hefeweizen. Why are the Bavarian Royal Family and King Ludwig so important to brewing history? The Bavarian Royal Family had sole rights to brewing Hefe-Weizen on Bavaria for over 200 years. No wonder we are the leading experts on wheat beers! 12.5°

Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - JAN 4, 2007
Tried bottled as Konig Ludwig in New Zealand. I have to say it travelled fairly well, the only disappointing thing about this beer was that the head didn’t hang around for long. All in all though, a lovely fluffy quaffable wheat beer with a nicely balanced palate and no need to add lemon to it (which I’m not a fan of anyway). Worth going back for, this one is the saucy blonde at the party who you may stand a chance with...

OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2006
12oz bottle labled Konig Ludwig Weiss - Pours cloudy golden with a tall foamy white head that stays pretty well and laces some on the weizen glass. Aroma of bannana, and a little clove. Flavor is lots of bannana, a little clove, and some yeast. Quite carbonated with a lively mouthfeel. Pretty refreshing and actually a little better than I expected it to be.

LDawg (72) - Rockport, Texas, USA - DEC 27, 2006
27dec06 meh cloudy thick head, banana, but tasted flat or watered. bottled under the name of konig ludwig weiss. blah

Airlifter (134) - Shawnee, Kansas, USA - DEC 21, 2006
On tap at the Yardhouse in Kansas City. Golden color, hazy with lots of sediment. Mild banana and yeasty aroma. Thin head, dissipated quickly. Excellent flavor; sweet, with banana and yeast. Lots of carbonation. One of my favorites.

[email protected] (43) - Arkansas, USA - DEC 19, 2006
Bottle. I poured it over a lemon slice to add some sour. This cut down on the sweet, although the aroma still had the sweetness. The taste smacked as well of wheat very heavily. The palate was rather full for a weissbier, but not unpleasant. Overall, great in a glass over lemon, but I’d hate it straight.

Haack (101) - Hornslet, DENMARK - DEC 10, 2006
Tap. Cloudy yellow with a white head. Aroma fruity (banana and vanila.) and yest. Evident wheat malt flavour

HPMHam (13) - Schömberg, GERMANY - DEC 2, 2006
Sweetish smell, also the taste. Very mildly in the taste. A good wheat beer. Mild aftertaste.

Kalli (502) - Falun, SWEDEN - NOV 18, 2006
Tap(as König Ludwig Weiss)@Charlie’s Bar, Copenhagen: Guess I was a bit sloshed from my sampling session at Ølbaren since I only noted a citrusy banana aroma...

GMan71 (24) - Lower Mitcham, AUSTRALIA - NOV 15, 2006
Bottled under name Konig Ludwig Weiss. Slightly disappointed considering I have in the past enjoyed their dunkel. Weakish flavour compared to some others of the style. Just passed the best before date - may be a reason.

kepnerb (5) - Castana, Iowa, USA - NOV 9, 2006 does not count
I thought this was a very refreshing brew. It had a somewhat lackluster appearance. Poured a cloudy light amber color with pure white head. I didn’t get any of the fruity tastes the other raters mentioned. A stronger more forceful taste than i expectred for a hefe.(My palate may not be as experienced as the others.) I really enjoyed it.