overall
RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.73/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 279   ABV: 9.3%
Brewed to celebrate FSU’s win over Auburn in the 2013 BCS Championship Game. This beer clocks in at 10% abv. Warpath is brewed with Warrior and Tomahawk hops to show its True Seminole Spirit!

LKay (160) - Maryland, USA - OCT 28, 2016
Sweet and malted, like a manly liquor. Not a typical beer type for my palate.

Aurelius (5332) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 18, 2014
The usual (formidable) Warpath, but double dry hopped. The usual strong malt backbone, assertive bitterness and lots of complexity. The dry hopping and aging really made the beer step up a bit - lots of volatile oils and some additional greenish fruitiness. Very nice. Proof Production Facility. Special tapping prior to the FSU/Notre Dame weekend. With Triock and Arwen.
Earlier Rating: 3/4/2014 Total Score: 4
OK, so on release night, I schlep up to Proof with my arguably boss LuckyDog to try and score one of the cool pint glasses. It’s drizzly and cold. My nipples are hard. We’re waaaaaayyy back in line to get into a place that holds 150 people, tops. We’re like #450 in line, by my reckoning. All for the sake of a glass and a new beer. I left after I did the math and realized that we weren’t ever going to get in. My boss left after the Proof dudes came out and told folks that they had a snowball’s chance in the bad place of getting in for the night. ***Proof Owner Dude*** I know that you watch these boards - please beermail me and tell me that I can give you $$ for a couple of stashed Warpath glasses. They’re almost as in-demand as the Jimi Hendrix 420 Flying Saucer pints. Anyway, it turned out that the beer was worth the wait. I happened to get a stray shot at hitting Proof tonight- my daughter had locked her keys in her car down in Campusland and I had to drive down. Granted, I was the only 50-year-old in the joint, but it was time to get the ##$@# Warpath. I’m not an AIPA guy at all, much less a 2xAIPA guy. I’m a Fullers IPA guy. I’m a PA guy. That said, Warpath is heap big AIPA. I did it back to back with the Proof Guru IPA, and it was butchery with Warpath as the clear winner. Warpath has some nuance to it - it isn’t your garden variety, ham-handed west coast hops, double malt AIPA. Some toast to it, lots of malt but not too sweet or boozy. Very warming. Caramel, citrus, malty - your usual big IPA descriptors, but way different. Chummy, and the ABV is well-masked. It’s an unusal brew, and you need to try it if you can get your hands on it. On tap, Proof, watching FSU basketball beat down Boston College. I lucked upon Sixpoint 10 years ago and saw that it had great potential. I see similar potential in Proof.

GT (10000) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 3, 2014
[ Keg ][ 4oz ][ Proof Railroad Square ][ $2 ][ Flared Taster ][ 8.28.14 ]
>> Deep amber red pour, good tan lacing- too much specialty malt. Nose is sweet strawberry dessert, overripe strawberry. Taste is spicy alcohol, bitter orange peel, pine needle, brown sugar, fairly malty, dense, heavy, not too boozy, long bitter pine and sweet strawberry. More like imperial red ale than DIPA.

jbruner (4734) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - AUG 20, 2014
Pours a clear copper brown on tap with fluffy off-white head that leaves great lace. Aroma is a good balance between resinous pine and earth from the hops with boozy caramel malts. Taste comes off more as pine and citrus hops masked by biscuit and caramel malts, the booze is nowhere to be found. Great balance, solid carbonation, sticky mouth, great beer.

AmEricanbrew (6878) - Same Trailer, Different Park, Louisiana, USA - JUL 24, 2014
Tap@ Proof. Clear dark amber color with ivory head. Nice spicy, ganja bud, pine, caramel aromas. Medium bodied with soft co2. Pine, citrusy hoppy bitter flavors with a big pale malt sweetness____drying finish----good.

firefly765 (195) - - JUN 26, 2014
32 ounce growler from the brewery poured into a cheap hotel glass a light brown/ amber color with an off-white head that dissipates in a couple of minutes. Strong pine aroma with some citrus and some alcohol fumes. Tons of flavor in this beer with a nice balance of hops and malt with a slight alcohol burn at the end

LuckyDog (615) - - JUN 13, 2014
This is a solid IPA. I’ve had it several times and it’s always been good. Tonight I’m not not loving it as much as sometimes. Usually I like it more. Tonight it’s a little flat.

markwise (5441) - North of Tampa, Florida, USA - MAY 10, 2014
On draft at Florida Brewers Guild Fest 2014. Pours a deep amber copper with a white head. Nose is an assault of tropical fruit, pine, and some light citrus along with a supportive malt backbone. Flavor is a syrupy hoppy assault that is relentless and mildly boozy. Medium to full in body and enjoyable in small doses. I see why they limited the pours on this one.

Ferris (15265) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 30, 2014
Draft - Sweet grapefruit and tons of tropical fruit. Clear copper with a small beige head. Sweet tropical fruit, booze and light bitterness. Finishes a bit sweet and boozy.

DialSquare (5028) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 25, 2014
Have had a couple times before, but my notes were weak. Rating from a growler: Clear copper brown pour with a frothy light tan head. Aroma of sweet caramel malt and resiny citrus. Tastes are bready malts, grapefruit and bitter citrus peel. Little juicy. Good balance of the sweet, boozy and bitter. It’s pretty big though. Good stuff.