overall
RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 3.03/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Smooth in texture and rich in taste, this traditionally inspired English Ale is celebrated for its classic roasted malt flavor and amber color. English East Kent Goldings hops give our Alehouse ESB a spicy aroma.

Crit (4039) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 5, 2002
Cloudy brown, tan head. Good malt nose and foretaste. Long medium hop finish. No balance. Good lace

igneous1 (1537) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - OCT 3, 2002
pours a deep copper color with lots of floaties. aroma is quite fruity and malty..have to say there is some malt presence in the flavor, but for the style, i have to say i'm disappointed.

beerguy101 (5360) - Newark, California, USA - OCT 1, 2002
Light brown gold color, medium head. A light bodied ale. Milder flavor, nice mild hop bitterness. Nice malts, slightly sweet. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and smooth. Aftertaste is slightly bitter

Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - AUG 15, 2002
kind of BORING, but went fine with food. malty, but thin body. below average hop quantity.

Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JUL 14, 2002
Not real impressed with this one. There are much better ESB's in the style. Nice amber color, flavor is sweet, and rich. the palate is light, I didn't really find any spices in the brew, pretty basic in my opinion.

Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JUL 10, 2002
Indistinctive malty aroma, similary flavour. Very smooth and drinkable, but otherwise unremarkable. In my area the Alaskan and Hales ESBs are just as avaliable and much better.

Terminus (3702) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 24, 2002
decent beer, but not very bitter like it should be. Good malt presence, but a boring finish. my sample was old, so that maybe the reason it wasn't that good

BuzzBeer99 (81) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 11, 2002
Not as good as other Pyramids brews! I thought maybe I got a skunked bottle until I checked out other reviews.

MOboy (504) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JAN 26, 2002
Damn. Talk abot disappointed. I'll stick to my Fuller's...................

legion242 (2348) - Richardson, Texas, USA - OCT 10, 2001
I expected this to be better. Word on the street has Pyramid in some financial trouble. I hope we don't lose another brewery.