overall
RATINGS: 966   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04/5   IBU: 11   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Our flavorful apricot ale boldly combines the taste and aroma of fresh apricot with the smooth finish of wheat malt. Its refreshingly unfiltered character and fruit flavor make it an ale worth savoring.

Note: Previously Pyramid Audacious Apricot Ale.

Malts:
50% 2 Row Pale Barley, 50% Malted Wheat

Hops:
Nugget

OG: 11.75

Aesir (130) - Tustin, California, USA - JUL 17, 2002
If your looking for a fruit beer, this is a good one. Cloudy orange color. Strong apricot taste initially, but blends and fades nicely with the finish.

Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JUL 14, 2002
fruit and beer don't mix, but this is one of the better ones................

wnp22 (698) - Toronto (Roncesvalles Village), Ontario, CANADA - JUL 11, 2002
I had one of these when I lived in California at the Pyramid Breweries restaurant in Berkeley. Weak hint of fruit or apricot, light taste but with little or no depth.

crdic (105) - California, USA - JUL 10, 2002
This fruit beer has a hazy golden color, rather like a hefeweizen, but more orange. Its aroma is pleasant, a slightly sour apricot smell, with a hint of hops. Its flavor is a bit more strongly hoppy, and here I run into a problem: I just don't think apricots and hops work together very well. Additionally, the fizz content is too high for my taste. This isn't a bad fruit beer, and I'm sure some will like it, but it's not to my taste.

MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 8, 2002
Fruity apricot aroma, not as fruity as I thought, nice clean dry finish.....

herbstress3 (221) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 8, 2002
This beer smells nice and I give it credit for uniqueness but something just didn't click. Not my style of beer!

Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JUL 5, 2002
About a year ago, this was the first and only beer I liked. Ahh, the memories. But as they say, you can never go back. Still, a wonderful apricot aroma. The flavour is quite syrupy, but with a decent hop presence to balance. Refreshing but nothing I could drink every day. A decent fruit beer.

Gusler (2652) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JUL 4, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2005 The beer escapes the 12-ounce brown bottle a limpid amber color with a modest sized frothy light tan head after its decomposition the lace forms a thin concealing sheet upon the glass. Nose is heavy on the apricots, fresh and crisp, sweet with the start sweet and the malt profile decent, the top fair to middling in feel. Finish has a pronounced acidity with the hops light in spiciness, the aftertaste tart and dry, a drinkable beer, but nothing I would drink on a regular basis.

Troobie99 (60) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 12, 2002
It's hard to get too excited about a beer this pedestrian, but one thing should be noted: of all the American fruit ales that befouled taplines and grocery shelves, this is the best. Apricot was a good fruit to use because it tends to marry nicely with the malt rather than turning the beer into a kiddie drink. Well, it's still pretty much that, but it's all right on a blazing day.

iggysam2000 (38) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 6, 2002
Very good smell, super strong apricot smell, flavor isnt to strong with apricots a little bit, ok flavor, but an overall good beer, if your looking for a fruit beer i'd go with a reasberry or something with a strong fruit flavor rather than just smell but overall ok