overall
RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 3.47/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 315   ABV: 10.5%
Our Barleywine is a rich and malty interpretation of the classic style, balancing layers of herbaceous hops with sweet malt flavors.

AVAILABILITY:
August – September (Fall Variety Pack only)

MALTS:
2-Row Pale Barley, Caramel, Munich, Black Malt

HOPS:
Nugget, Centennial

OG: 26

txspartan (1063) - Berchem, BELGIUM - AUG 10, 2012
Nice sweet and sour flavour. Dark oaky feel to it. Somewhat syrupy.Not too bad, really.

trujahwarrior (515) - Monroe, Washington, USA - AUG 30, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 1, 2012 From a growler. Pours a medium brown color with a medium white head that leaves light lacing. Smells of dark malt and raisins. Tastes of cinnamon, molasses, raisins, then toffee in the back end. You can definitely taste the ance on this one. Mouthfeel is medium and semi creamy, with medium carbonation. Overall I think this was decent but just an average barleywine.

Beerdrinker79 (2188) - Idaho, USA - OCT 19, 2012
12 oz. bottle, thanks Poisoneddwarf- Pours a very hazy dark ruby red with a thin tan head that reduces to a collar, the aroma right off the bat smells like a fart, a stinky ass funky fart, but that was just the gasses being released from the bottle, there is a very sweet candy like aroma, caramel. The taste is the same, sweet and candy like, strong caramel malt, but not overbearing like many of the style. Very simplistic, but more drinkable than a lot of the more complex Barleywines. Not bad!

DMLINAZ (332) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - OCT 28, 2012
From a 12 oz. bottle into a small tulip glass, pours dark root beer in appearance with a straight white head that lasts a bit. Moderate aroma is promising mix of sweetness, dark malts, something roasted. Light carbonation; relatively easy to drink, creamy, malty mouthfeel, with some heft. Flavor is enjoyable to me - malt, caramel, but not overly sweet, with some spice or kick underneath. Moderate as barleywines go, smooth with some warmth; I liked it. One of the better Pyramid offerings, and I buy Pyramid variety packs pretty often. (10/27/12 @home)

rocbyter (2193) - Waterbury, Connecticut, USA - OCT 16, 2012
Strong robust dark malt aroma. Dark amber color with a small white head. Light bitter beginning with a strong bitter and sweet finish.

robforbes (2283) - Bremerton, Washington, USA - SEP 9, 2012
pours a semi-cloudy dark copper with a small beige head, and good lacing. smell is of caramel, malt, cheerios, and some grain. taste is creamy, caramel, barley, and malt. ends grainy and creamy.

5000 (6900) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - OCT 5, 2012
Bottle:   Deep reddish caramel, moderate tannish head, frothy, little lacing.   Rich bready nose, musty caramel, not too hoppy.   Doesn’t seem too sweet, moreso a figgy/bready example... and a little rough/young at that.   Whats funny is I tried looking up the 5000 Year example they did years ago... not on RB.   I had that years after it was done, and it was very sublime.   I can’t help but wonder if this is the same beer yet just a young/juevenile example.   A little biting, body and mouthfeel are moderate.   Could stand to let sit for a bit before drinking.   Not too hoppy or overly malty, but instead just a sense of green and alcohol.   Needs some time to develop.   I have one bottle left that maybe I will let sit for 5 years.   Not bad, but very green!

Wanja (772) - GERMANY - JAN 31, 2013
On tap at Pyramid Alehouse, Seattle. Very strong and intensive... Nice sweet honey-like aroma... I enjoed it...

arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 9, 2013
Brown color, minimal head. Aroma is very strong molasses, sweetness, I thought it was better than average. The flavor was more molasses but also a bit of tobacco. My buddy said it was like the spit from chewing tobacco. I wouldn’t buy this but it wasn’t disgusting, just an average barleywine. Serving type: bottle 12-17-2012 01:19:21

GarrettB (1718) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 16, 2012
I picked this beer out especially because I thought it would be able to stand up to the fiery, burning trail on my palate left behind by a pipe full of a Latakia tobacco blend. Barleywines are burly, sometimes strong, and the smell of this one suggests it is not an exception. Heavy aromas of raisins, malts, fig, and lighter notes of strawberries and cherries and a nose puckering alcoholic sting augur well for this brew. Raisins rule in the flavor, along with some bungling but pungent spices of clove and all-spice, and that same, strong spine of ethanol. Too strong, in fact, giving this Barleywine an unnaturally straight posture, and too many overpowering flavors. This beer sits well after a pipe session, but I wonder how gruff it would seem without the numbing effect of a pungent tobacco? I’m skeptical.