RATINGS: 1009   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 3, 2002
Not a bad attempt at a hefeweizen. It is very citrussy, almost a hint of lemon without even putting one in there as I ussually do with hefe's. It has a pretty yeasty aftertaste. Not a bad beer.

jazz88 (2684) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 29, 2002
Tap @ Berkeley Alehouse. Hazy yellow. Crisp, citrus, grapefruit. A yeasty aftertaste.

Turbotommy (32) - Westlake Village, California, USA - OCT 20, 2002
I did not like this hefeweizen. The wheat flavor was fairly week and it was a little too fruity for my taste. It really needed that good yeasty taste!

akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 20, 2002
good looking, unfiltered yellow beer. american style wheat, so it doesnt have the bavarian characteristics of banana and cloves. but as an american hefeweizen it is very easy to drink, and you dont need to think about the flavors because there is nothing special about them. why do we americans do that?

ENTROPY (141) - Terra Bella, California, USA - OCT 20, 2002
This a very good wheat brew, nice soft cream look and very easy to drink, I give this brew a: solid B

lactosetolerant (10) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 14, 2002
I can't believe this even has the name hefeweizen on it. This motherfucker sucks. Drink a fucking Weihenstephaner or a fucking Franziskaner you bunch of fucking idiots. This motherfucker is just fucking H20. No fucking intracies in the fucking taste. It fucking PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF when some motherfucker tells me to try something and then it sucks!!!!!!!�

foduck (330) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 8, 2002
This is not what I look for in a hefeweizen at all. I just get a little citrus, none of the banana/clove stuff. No big head. Drinkable but this doesn't taste like a hefeweizen at all.

Nuffield (4247) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 29, 2002
Some citric spiciness, but somewhat plain. Nice cloudy/hazy pale yellow color. (on tap, Flying Saucer, Addison, TX)

Blake (398) - Orange, California, USA - SEP 23, 2002
My Hefeweizen of choice, the Pyramid (sans lemon) is an easy to drink wheat beer with a pleasant aftertaste.

Bwgerg99 (3) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 15, 2002 does not count
Love it, just recently tried it. Good with a Lemon..........................